WOIN Straship Construction - no 0-Class (Fighters, shuttles) construction rules?

Nerhesi

Villager
Perhaps I missed this as I have just purchased the product. But I dont see how the construction rules allow for the Class 0-X ships (Shuttlecraft, fighters, cutters, etc) considering the hull-class table starts at the regular Class I.

Was there some add-on or errata to this?

Last edited:

Nerhesi

Villager
Thanks Morrus for the quick response. I also grabbed this today.

I see your intent now. I will provide further detailed comments there. My immediate concern upon my first review of this, is the inherent balance changes due to different "scales". I'm of the opinion that the explicit scale changes should not exist - you are balancing after all based on the available CU and hull size. Also, you don't want to reduce the effectiveness of your fighters in the basic/standard scale simply because they are a diff scale, they're just smaller ships.

Regardless, I'll leave more detailed notes there. I am very intrigued by your system and would like to be in touch further.

I wanted to add, after my work on Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed, I was further encouraged to create my own game (creative freedom, less traveller restrictions). I discovered WOIN a few hours ago and I have to say, I am very impressed. So much so, that it seems like you developed what I wanted to, and I'm very much rethinking doing my own. Excellent work!

Remove ads