• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

woman in war hammer

Dirigible

Explorer
Pramas speaketh the truth.

All Space Marines are male. I can't recall, offhand, if the Sisters are genetically engineered or otherwise enhanced? Or is their advantage just that they get power armour, ecclesiarchs and look like Uma Thurman?

Tewligan

First Post
The original post makes my head hurt. However, I think I'm giving a relevant answer by saying that no, women can't be Space Marines. According to the fluff from way back in the day, the Marine implants only work for males. As Chris said, though, the Sisters of Battle are pretty damn close to Space Marines - they've got the power armor, and their WH40K stats are pretty solid. Are you looking for a power-armored female miniature? If so, the SoB models look good. Or, if you can find one, GW made one or maybe two miniatures of female characters in SM-style armor a loooong time ago - like when 40K first came out. You might check the archive miniatures section at www.gamesworkshop.com - if no luck there, maybe call their customer service number and hope you talk to someone who's familiar with the really old stuff.

Sejs

First Post
If memory serves, there arn't any named Characters amongst the various space marine chapters that are female. Individual marines could be of either gender, as they're all covered up by power armor and whatnot. Kinda hard to tell that way.

The Sisters of Battle are a seperate monastic order from the marines, and female only; I don't recall if the marines are only open to males however. Don't think it's ever mentioned either way.

Stone Dog

Adventurer
AND the Sisters are coming back this month under the Witch Hunters Codex. Most of the miniatures are the same and the stat lines appear to be unchanged.

Basically the Sisters are normal humans though with good ballistic skills and Space Marine equipment. They don't seem to have any of the extra organs, genetic modifications, combat brainwashing or acidic saliva that the Marines have.

Tewligan

First Post
Sejs said:
The Sisters of Battle are a seperate monastic order from the marines, and female only; I don't recall if the marines are only open to males however. Don't think it's ever mentioned either way.
Oh, it's mentioned. Females can't accept the necessary implants. Only males can be Space Marines. This was either in White Dwarf or in the Rogue Trader book - probably both.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads