• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Wonko's 4E Auto Character Sheet + Custom Power Cards

Wonko the Sane

First Post
It would seem to me that high-crit weapons only add their bonus when actually used as a weapon, whether it be as a basic attack, or a power with the "Weapon" keyword.
If a +3 berserker scimitar is used as an implement by a 1st-level swordmage (18 Int) for lightning lure (Implement keyword), it would add +3 to attacks and damage rolls (Attack bonus +7, damage 1d6+7 lightning) and on a critical it would do 3d10 (berserker weapon critical)+13 lightning.
If the same weapon is used by the same character for greenflame blade (Weapon keyword), the attack bonus would be +9 (+4 Int, +2 Prof, +3 magic) and the damage would be 1d8+7 fire. On a critical, it would do 3d10 (berserker weapon) + 1d8 (high-crit weapon) + 15 fire.

PHB said:
Accessories: These keywords identify items used with the power. If you have a proficiency bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls from your weapon or an enhancement bonus to your attack rolls and damage rolls from a magic weapon or an implement, you add that bonus when you use a power that has the associated keyword.

Hope that makes sense.

Tar79

First Post
17. When you are using a magic weapon as an implement, like a Holy Avenger or a Pact Dagger, what benefits do you get from the weapon?

You gain any bonuses listed under Enhancement, Critical and Property.

From Wizards FAQs, I have emailed them a question as to whether or not high crit damage is applied when used as an implement, so we will eventually have an official ruling on this.

imdahman

Explorer
I just noticed that the sheet doesn't add Dex/Int bonus for wearing light armour - is that a known issue or am I doing something wrong? Do I just have to add it manually?

Also, where's Inspired Recovery? Why is it that it's never listed in the feats of automatic character sheets I find?
NVM - found it and fixed.

But I did notice that it didn't add the enhancement from my heavy shield of protection: I got this shield which has a +1 to DEF so it should be a +3 to my AC, not adding it though and I did choose the protection lvl 3 from the drop-down menus.

Last edited:

L-Voss

First Post
I just noticed that the sheet doesn't add Dex/Int bonus for wearing light armour

It does o_O (try to choose a Cloth armor with a character with DEX 16. Cloth adds no bonus on its own, yet you get a +3 to your AC. This is due to your high DEX. Don't really know how you can miss it ^^')

And NO shield gives you a bonus to AC ^^'

Last edited:

imdahman

Explorer
You sure about that? I just got a heavy shield of protection that gives a +1 to all defences... and once an encounter an adjacent ally gets +5 to all damage resistances until the end of my next turn as the shield's power...

Our DM has basically been following the Shadowfell Keep adventure.

Remove ads