• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Wonko's 4E Auto Character Sheet + Custom Power Cards

L-Voss

First Post
You sure about that? I just got a heavy shield of protection that gives a +1 to all defences... and once an encounter an adjacent ally gets +5 to all damage resistances until the end of my next turn as the shield's power...

Our DM has basically been following the Shadowfell Keep adventure.

Then I'll quote The Shield of Protection description from the Shadowfell Keep book:

Shield of Protection: As a standard action, once per
encounter, this large shield (value 680 gp) provides you
and an adjacent ally with resist 5 to all damage until the
end of your next turn.
There is nothing about it giving an enhancement bonus to AC or any other defence. Neither there, nor in the PHB...

(From the PHB:)
Shield of Protection Level 3+
This enchanted shield can be activated to provide you and an ally
with magical protection for a short time.
Lvl 3 680 gp Lvl 23 425,000 gp
Lvl 13 17,000 gp
Item Slot: Arms
Power (Daily): Standard Action. You and an adjacent ally
gain resist 10 to all damage until the end of your next
turn.
Level 13: Resist 15 to all damage.
Level 23: Resist 20 to all damage.
Days when magic shields gave an enhancement bonus to AC are long gone with the 3rd edition ^^'

Oh, and the shield in this particular adventure seems to be even weaker than the standard, as its power grants only resist 5 instead of the core one's 10 ^^'

Last edited:

imdahman

Explorer
Hrm... I wonder where he got that +1 from? I'll have to take it up with the DM, lol.

Well, thanks for the clarification. And I guess it is a tad weaker but I do get to use it every encounter rather than blowing my wad once and having to wait a day before use again... pluses and minuses ;)

Last edited:

jffdougan

First Post
1.45.A.6 bug

Wonko --

The most recent sheet version has a small bug in which the drop-down menu to select the class for a Half-elf's dilettante power appears, but not one for selecting the power itself.

Undrhil

Explorer
Wonko, the Dilettante bug exists in A.7 as well. Just letting you know. You didn't say which version it was fixed in and the previous poster seemed to have been reporting it for A.6. Interestingly, you can type in the name of the power you want and the sheet does work with that...

Also, when I MC Warlock, is there any particular reason why I cannot choose from the other Warlock at-wills upon reaching level 11? The sheet currently only lets me choose from Eldritch Blast and the at-will related to my pact choice. I think I should be able to choose from all of the Warlock at-wills, shouldn't I? Can anyone correct me on this if I am wrong?

Here's my reasoning on this:

I chose as my race: Half-elf. As a half-elf, I can choose an at-will from any class and use it as an encounter power. I chose Warlock: Eldritch Blast. At level 1, I took Pact Initiate which gives you the at-will associated with you pact choice to use as an encounter power. My pact choice was Dark, so I received Spiteful Glamour as an encounter power.

At level 11, I replace an at-will I know with an at-will from my multiclass. Since I currently know Spiteful Glamour and Eldritch Blast as encounter powers, I cannot choose either of them again (you can only know a power one time, regardless of where you received that power.) So, I should be able to pick from the other Warlock at-wills in this instance.

Last edited:

Undrhil

Explorer
Wonko, I just tested this on the A.7 sheet: the third (and lower) at-will selection boxes only show the other Warlock at-wills if I have my race set as human or half-elf. If I am any other race, those boxes just show the two choices.

seanna2000

First Post
Wonko, the Dilettante bug exists in A.7 as well. Just letting you know. You didn't say which version it was fixed in and the previous poster seemed to have been reporting it for A.6. Interestingly, you can type in the name of the power you want and the sheet does work with that...

Also, when I MC Warlock, is there any particular reason why I cannot choose from the other Warlock at-wills upon reaching level 11? The sheet currently only lets me choose from Eldritch Blast and the at-will related to my pact choice. I think I should be able to choose from all of the Warlock at-wills, shouldn't I? Can anyone correct me on this if I am wrong?

Here's my reasoning on this:

I chose as my race: Half-elf. As a half-elf, I can choose an at-will from any class and use it as an encounter power. I chose Warlock: Eldritch Blast. At level 1, I took Pact Initiate which gives you the at-will associated with you pact choice to use as an encounter power. My pact choice was Dark, so I received Spiteful Glamour as an encounter power.

At level 11, I replace an at-will I know with an at-will from my multiclass. Since I currently know Spiteful Glamour and Eldritch Blast as encounter powers, I cannot choose either of them again (you can only know a power one time, regardless of where you received that power.) So, I should be able to pick from the other Warlock at-wills in this instance.

This should only be possible if you took Novice Power, Acolyte Power AND Adept Power using your remaining 5 feats from level 4 up to level 11 (prerequisites make it impossible to take them using the level 2 feat). Otherwise, you don't get to do a Paragon Multiclass.

So at the latest, you must have taken Novice Power at level 8, Acolyte Power at level 10 and Adept Power at level 11. That is, by level 8 you must have taken Novice Power, and by level 11 you must have taken Acolyte Power and Adept Power. If you did, Wonko's sheet has a bug. If not, that's the way it should be.

Last edited:

You could use retraining to swap the feats as well. You only need to qualify for them now, so you could theoretically start P. Multi. as late as level 10 by swapping out a feat and picking up a new one at both 10 and 11, since there are 4 total feats involved (1 to multiclass, 3 to power swap).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads