• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Woot, got pics of the kids up

Kristivas

First Post
Darn tootin'!

I think my son's a genius, which isn't always a good thing. He's not even three years old yet, and here's a funny story.

We all woke up the other day, and Kayte went to the bathroom. While she was in there, Jaden walked down the hall saying.. "Mommy, I need you to change me!" Cuz he'd just woke up and had a pee-filled diaper.

I'm hearing all of this from the bed, but pretending to be asleep. She's already up anyway, right? So she says "OK, hunny. Just give me a minute to get done." To which Jaden replies "Oh, ok."

So, a minute later, I guess Jaden's getting impatient, so he runs down the hall toward the bathroom and yells "Aren't you going to change me?!"

I was laying there and cracking up. He said -aren't-. I've never heard of a two-year old speaking in full sentences the way mine does. Every day he's saying new stuff that I didn't think little kids could pronounce.

Any of you with genius kids please tell me... How do you punish them when they can outsmart you?! I figure at this rate, I have about 4 years to prepare!!!

kotik2

First Post
I suppose I could give you my parent's email. While Megan is brilliant, I have her in spades in intuitive, been there before, ornery and downright sneaky, so I haven't had to punish her for outstmarting me. She's also much more sweet tempered than I, so she's never sought much trouble.

The standard denial of goodies always worked when punishment was necessary. Books, movies, TV - in her case art supplies if punishment actually became necessary. I always did better just reasoning with her.

Or you could put Kayte in charge of outsmarting him. Intelligence has been traced to the X chromasome, so it's her fault!

Remove ads