• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Word Count for WotC, Paizo, other adventures?

I'm curious if anyone who has a handy pdf of a recent adventure or two could give me a word count for a WotC module and a Paizo module, plus the level range and page count. Any help is greatly appreciated.

renau1g

First Post
The most recent PF module (River Runs Red) is approx 64,000 words +/- some as I C&P'd from Adobe into Word for hte count. Levels are 4th to 7th. It's 100 pages

There's some fiction in there as well as all the new rules for the nation building, but there it is.

Wicht

Hero
The most recent PF module (River Runs Red) is approx 64,000 words +/- some as I C&P'd from Adobe into Word for hte count. Levels are 4th to 7th. It's 100 pages

There's some fiction in there as well as all the new rules for the nation building, but there it is.

Technically, River's Run Red is an adventure path. These are typically around 60-70K in length I believe. Paizo's actual modules run about 20K words iirc, though I'll double check that.

Wicht

Hero
Double checking reveals that Paizo's Crypt of the Everflame has about 23,000 words. Gallery of Evil has about 25,000 words in it.

Wicht

Hero
There's a difference between AP and Module? Just curious.

Well, yes actually. The AP contains an adventure and supplementary information. The Paizo modules are just straight up adventures. The Pathfinder APs are 96 page perfect bound soft cover books and the Pathfinder modules are 32 page staple bound books. Also the modules have "Pathfinder Module" on the front and the adventure paths have "Pathfinder Adventure Path" on the front. Also the modules are $14 and the Adventure paths are $20.

There's a difference between AP and Module? Just curious.

Paizo modules are 32 pages long. I don't have any AP's on hand at work to check but I thought the AP parts are 96 pages long but also include monsters, Pathfinder fiction, etc. so the actual adventure part would be a fair bit shorter than this.

Olaf the Stout

lejanius

Explorer
In my experience most adventure modules for most companies start around 15-16K words and go up from there, depending on the length. I wouldn't go shorter than 15K if you are planning on writing a submission for someone, 16-20 is a good length for a stand alone module with no additional information (fiction, world info, etc.)

hope that helps.

oh, this is for print. With PDF you can do anything in terms of length

Remove ads