• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Words in D&D

Navar

Explorer
This Thread got me thinking about things in D&D that annoy you. One of my big ones is Enchant and Enhance. Even WOTC screws this up and it only sows confusion. My example is that in Eberron it says "Warforged can be enchanted just as armor can be." on page 23. The important thing is that most Enchantment spells don't work on suits of armor. Enchant is what a school of magic does to being's minds, not what you do to armor. Warforged can be Enchanted, but that is because they are living constructs. Warforged can also be Enchanted like suits of armor to gain enhancement bonuses to AC and what not.

I know that thinks like "Half" Races upset some people (and me somtimes) there are half elves and Half dwarves (though they have another name derro? maybe) but no half gnomes. And there is no half elf dwarf. I hope they fix this in future editions.

Prestige classes I just figure is a name though. You can call it "Super" Classes for all I care they would work the same and to me and my group Prestige doesn’t create any confusion.

Last edited:

Remove ads