• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Words of Power and Summoner

Andreagoma

Explorer
Hi all,
one of my player plays a summoner and, as the title suggests, would like to use the WoP system. Readind through the chapter we found what we think is a problem, or at least we don't know how to deal with it.
I don't have the book handy right now but if you check the WoP listed for the summoner you'll find that he cannot combine words to cast spell as Summon Eidolon, Rejuvenate Eidolon, and so on.
Basically lot of the summoner spells that are in the APG cannot be replicated by words.
Does that mean that if he should choose to adopt the WoP system he has to abandon those spells?

Hope I was clear with the question.
Feel free to ask for any clarification.
Thanks in advance for the answers.

SteelDraco

First Post
I haven't read the system in detail yet, but from a brief once-over it seems like there's room for an Eidolon target Word for summoners. Level 0, Medium range, allows you to target just your eidolon with effects. If boosted, you can target your eidolon anywhere, regardless of range or LoS.

Would that help?

Andreagoma

Explorer
Yep, that could be a solution, thanks.
I'm still wondering why did they left out Eidolon from the Summoner's words list. I mean Eidolon is one of the main features of summoners (at least is how i see it) and WoP seems to put some limits that heavily impact how the class plays.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads