Work dress codes

I was listening to some people talk about dress codes the other day, and I was wondering how many people actually have a dress code at their jobs. What are those dress codes like?

bone_naga

Explorer
I was listening to some people talk about dress codes the other day, and I was wondering how many people actually have a dress code at their jobs. What are those dress codes like?
I have one, I just ignore it most of the time.

I've noticed that if I wear gym clothes, people will assume that I'm going to or coming from the gym.

It also helps that I'm usually either gone or I'm in my hole away from everyone else.

Abraxas

Explorer
We have a dress code.
For everyone it's no jeans.
For the men, the food service staff and the maintenance staff it's also a collared shirt.
For resident care staff it's scrubs.
For the women not in resident care, food services or maintenance it's business casual - which apparently means whatever the hell they want to wear.

It's blatantly unfair and during the summer really annoying.

We have a dress code.
For everyone it's no jeans.
For the men, the food service staff and the maintenance staff it's also a collared shirt.
For resident care staff it's scrubs.
For the women not in resident care, food services or maintenance it's business casual - which apparently means whatever the hell they want to wear.

It's blatantly unfair and during the summer really annoying.
Can I ask what industry you work in?

Remove ads