• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Working on a new tutorial series covering Shadowrun 5e. What would you like to see?

SavingThrow

Explorer
As the title says, I'm working on a new tutorial series with Saving Throw similar to what we did last season for Pathfinder. I'd be interested to know what concepts from the core rulebook you have difficulty with. Or is there something you'd love to teach newbies but always have a hard time with? Or is there an aspect of the game you love that you wished everyone knew about?

We want to be as comprehensive as possible and this is a crunchy game. Your input is invaluable. Thanks!

SavingThrow

Explorer
Yup! No one said this would be easy, that's for sure. We're looking at a Spring 2016 release right now. Ideas and support are still very much welcome!

SavingThrow

Explorer
That's the intention! This isn't our day-job and we're working on it for free, so it's going to take time regardless. I mean, have you SEEN the CR? Over 470 pages of rules ain't gonna get covered in a day. :) Consider supporting this project (and others) by contributing to our Patreon campaign. I can't guarantee things will happen much faster, but it gives us more resources to get them done! Thanks.

Jhaelen

First Post
This reminds me I recently took the core rules book from my shelf thinking about starting to read it. Then I realized it has over 500 pages, so I put it back on the shelf...

I guess, it's because I had recently finished reading all three core rule books of FFG's Star Wars RPG. I just wasn't ready yet for another huge tome of RPG rules. That, or I'm getting old ;)

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Actual-play video. And include ways to expedite rule usage without slowing the game down. Because the only thing more boring than watching your companion decide what to do in battle is to watch a video about watching your companion decide what to do in battle.

Sorry, Ser Diesel.

raevyn vasyrak

First Post
I'll take that on. I'm going to start a campaign in February, holidays are a nuisance for game play, and I work in a returns department, so February it is.

Wik

First Post
I'd like to see a version of SR5E that simplifies the game a bit. There are a LOT of rules, and every time I try reading the book, my eyes glaze over.

Remove ads