• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Working on a Spreadsheet Character Generator

Nimmo

First Post
I have made a start at implementing the items aspect of the spreadsheet now that I have the careers abilities stuff sorted. I am holding off on the data entry of new careers for now as I expect them to change when the new playtest document is published and I don't much fancy having to re-enter a large amount of info.

I am running into a few problems at the moment and I would like a wee bit of feedback from people to see if my work-around for the equipment management issue seems acceptable.

The first issue is to do with getting free equipment based on your starter careers. I haven't found a way to neatly give you these items automatically, so I am hoping that people will find it acceptable to read through their list of career abilities and then add the items/armour manually.

The second issue is relating to the equipment list. I was considering making a shift away from the character sheets that Morrus has given us and track weapons, armour and other equipment separately and then have an area somewhere that states the total weight and value of all equipment as it makes my life a lot easier.

If either of these ideas is unreasonable then please do let me know so that I can investigate alternative methods of doing them.

Also, any thoughts/feedback on this would be appreciated. If there's something you don't like or would like to see done another way then please do let me know and I am sure we can sort something out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads