• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Working on my own homebrew campaign, how is my start?

Lividlegends

First Post
Wondering if anyone can give me some tips on starting a campaign as well as let me know if my opener is good, bad, what I can do with it, maybe how I can expand on it? Here is my opener:

"The lot of you are wanderers, adventurers. Here in (insert town name here) a gorgeous Autumn morning, the air brisk, leaves slowly and gently falling as chirping grows and the light glares off the morning dew.
It is a slower morning than one might expect. No one other than you all wander the roads. The dirt of the carraige dragged paths settled and calm.
As a chill breeze passes over you all, a chattering to your teeth, somehow the dawn of a new day, the oranges peaking over the horizon don't promise a calmness for long.
Passing by one another either as friends or strangers, your attention wanders to an open field with a treeline almost 100 feet back and in the field, crimson red painting a large spot in the grass that tapers off in the direction of the treeline. A muffled scream that almost sounds as if it was only in your mind but feels so real as another chill passes."

If you read to here thank you and if you have anything that can help me with the begginnings of my campaign I would be very grateful.

Sent from my VS986 using EN World mobile app

aco175

Legend
It is a good opener, with a serene day of birds and passing clouds. Next paragraph should be about some goblins or kobolds jumping out of the wood line or in the middle of the field roasting a sheep or halfling. I just started a new campaign with the PCs sitting under their rain tarps as they pack up for the day wondering if they should return to town or continue looking for some missing miners. Goblins did stumble upon them.

Remove ads