• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Darkness Conversion Project

cybernetic

Explorer
Would anyone be interested in helping in a d20 conversion project to convert the World of Darkness material over to d20....

Werewolf : The Apocalypse
Vampire: The masquarade
Mage: The Ascension
Changeling: The Dreaming
Wraith: The Oblivion
etc etc etc

I'm thinking that instead of races there would be the Werewolf tribes, the Vampire Clans.....etc etc etc....

I've got many ideas....and am looking to make a website dedicated to the idea if enough people are interested in it. If anyone has any ideas and would like to work together on this project we can use this forum for the initial ideas and what not...

Wolf72

Explorer
are you more interested in doing a d20 style Werewolf ... or bring in werewolf type characters into 3e?

btw, I'm interested in bringing the into 3e. (not sure how much time I'll be able to put in ... just that I'm interested)

escape908

First Post
i'm working on converting VtM to the d20 system in the near future. I'll be using a lot of stuff from Star Wars d20. Force powers work very similar to Vampire powers. You would put ranks in them like skills and make skill checks to determine how successful/powerful the effects are. Also, force powers draw off of vitality in Star Wars which are kind of like hit points, but not really. and that reminds me of burning blood points to power abilities in vampire. of course these vitality/blood points wouldn't recover through rest like in star wars, you'd have to replenish them by feeding.

i was also thinking of using generic classes to represent the WoD Attribute ranking system, maybe something from D20 Cthulhu or Unearthed Arcana for that.

biggest problem will be coming up with feats to fit in with the game though i think i can convert some stuff from expanded psionics, star wars, and libris mortis, maybe even vile darkness. once i have converted VtM it shouldn't be that hard to convert the other series.

we can compare notes if you're interested. not sure when i'll be starting the whole thing, but i'd say it should be underway by january.

Clifford

First Post
d20 vampire

I am doing a d20 vampire game using d20 modern. Basicaly how i have it worked is the higher generation the higher ECL. The characters raise disciplines at the rate of 1 "Rank" per level. they may spend feets to raise them even higher. the character generation governs Ranks in disciplines only sense all other things like class skill are attached to level. its dosent make sense to limmit them by generation the way vampire the masquerade limmits skills and attributes by generation. I figure older and higher generation vampires are more powerful and thus higher level. This is where much of their vamperic might comes from.

Blood basicly works the same way in D2o vampire as it dose in the white wolf version.

The only disciplines i have worked out is the 3 physicals. Note i am trying to keep them balanced.

Potence
+1 strength per rank.

Fortitude
Dr of 1/- per rank (1/2 ranks against damage from sunlight and flame .)

Celerity
1 extra action per round either a move action or attack action.+1 inish per rank.

I Figure things like Thaumaturgy can be handeled by taking a presteige class or something. Like one from Urban arcana. Many of the merrits can be simulated by feats.

Thats is all i have planned for now. I am also toying with some d20 Werewolf Ideas.

Cliff
>;)

Takeda

First Post
I was working on this a while ago. I thought that a Vampire would be a template that adds HD of Undead to a standard character. Having a Vampire template added to a character and other than better stats and abilities they're really no tougher than they had been before was lame, so a few Undead HD and then the Clan would be a Prestige class. Being Higher Generation would also be a Prestige Class. Diablorizing has it's risks but in effect grants an immediate level increase in the Generation Prestige Class. Clan Disciplines are gained as Talents from D20 Modern as the character goes up in Level in the Clan. There is a Clan Caitiff for non-affiliates of course and they get to pick they Clan Disciplines. Disciplines are capped at maximum level based upon what their Generation is. If a Vamp is going up a level in their clan and they have maxed out their Disciplines they have the option to go out of clan (if they qualify or can have a teacher) or they can take the Discipline as a Bonus Feat (specific lists per clan).

Etc. Lots of crap rolling around in my head! ... Thought I'd pass on some of my insanity! LOL!

It'd be easy enough to use this framework for Garou, Wraith, Mage, Changeling, etc.

It's easy enough to avoid the whole 'Level' label too and call it 'Advancements".

A Brujah of 9th Generation and 8 Advancements might be equivelant to a 15th-17th level D&D Character! ... An Antideluvean (sp) with 25 Advancements might be equivelant to a 38th-40th level character!?

warlord

First Post
Cybernetic you have no idea how happy finding this thread made me. Oh and by the way I agree that discipilnes should be handled like force skills and vampires and werewolves could easily be LA +0. All you got to do is the following:

All Vampires get blood drain as a racial ability: -1d4 con per round in successful grapple and varying ability adjustments based on tribe. The fact that vampires are dependent on a steady blood intake and die in sunlight is a BIG penalty.

All werewolves would just have the alternate forms with varying ability adjustments based on clan and basic claws and fangs with 1d6 and 1d8 damage respectively. Again the fact the powers are only active at night and vulnerability to silver are BIG penalties.

Philusion

First Post
Vampire the Masquerade d20 Conversion. . .

So, this thread is over a year old. . . but, is the conversion complete, or are there any improvements in the process? I've incorporated kindred into my D&D campaign, but they're very rare, and so far the PCs haven't a need to fight any (they've only discovered one . . .), which I'm thankful for, as I don't have them converted over at all. If anyone has actually made some playtested (or not) conversion rules, I'd love to see them. Thanks!

- Phil

Last edited:

Remove ads