• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Warcraft rant

LightPhoenix

First Post
Sorry for terseness, running late for work, but would anyone be up for doing Deadmines or Stockades Saturday afternoon? I also have a bunch of green items that I would like to get rid of... they'll probably be given to Vaslov unless someone wants a specific item, I'll post a list of what I have later when I'm not rushing...

MetalBard

First Post
Mac user interested in getting into World of Warcraft

Anybody have any experience running this game on a mac? I've got a 12" powerbook, 1.33 ghz, OSX 10.3 with the GeForce FX Go5200 64mb and soon to have 1.2 gigs of ram, plenty of hard disk space and a broadband connection. Please let me know if there are any issues I should know of before getting this game.

The reviews online make this game look awesome and I've seen it running on my little brother's PC and since it works on Macs as well, I'm officially tempted.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
MetalBard said:
Anybody have any experience running this game on a mac? I've got a 12" powerbook, 1.33 ghz, OSX 10.3 with the GeForce FX Go5200 64mb and soon to have 1.2 gigs of ram, plenty of hard disk space and a broadband connection. Please let me know if there are any issues I should know of before getting this game.

The reviews online make this game look awesome and I've seen it running on my little brother's PC and since it works on Macs as well, I'm officially tempted.

I run the game on my 12" iBook. 1.2 ghz, 512mb RAM, 32mb video card, OS X 10.3. Your system has double the RAM and video memory that mine does, and a slightly faster G4 chip--you'll be fine.

Purple

First Post
MetalBard said:

I'm running on a 17" Powerbook, 1.33 ghz. Once I upgraded from 512 to a gig of ram the game has run great for me. I could play it ok before, but now it just runs smooth. The griffin rides aren't slideshows anymore. :)

Purple

KenM

Banned
Banned
I have been trying to log on to play tonight, all I get when I sign in is "autherising" :( When will Blizzard fix these problems?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, the New York Times online has an article about how much greater the response was than anticipated. This quote in particular caught my eye: "The happiness became terror on the first day," said Mr. Sams, adding that the company surpassed its one-year subscriber targets in less than a week. "We have a lot of high-class problems right now."

Sams is a V.P. at Blizzard in charge of marketing.

The Auld Grump

myrdden

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I hate Ironforge. With a fiery passion.

I also hate the Auction House. With a fiery passion.

Tell me about it. The lag generated when flying in on a gryffen is huge. I hate the AH. Never bother checking them out because of all the lag.

KenM

Banned
Banned
myrdden said:
Tell me about it. The lag generated when flying in on a gryffen is huge. I hate the AH. Never bother checking them out because of all the lag.

What do you have for a video card/ RAM? I have a ATI 9600 XT 128 MB, no lag when flying on a grifin. I have not checked out the aution house yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads