• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World setting, and your upcoming plans...

melon-neko

First Post
I am going to run a D&D naruto game....which sounds incredibly lame I know, but it's the easiest way for me to describe it =)

Basically, the "world" is made of many nations, with hidden villages in most of them. These hidden villages are mercenary villages, that protect and house the community in exchange for their services as mercenaries. Thus many adventurers, dying races or clans settle in hidden villages to pass on their abilities or escape from prejudice or irate governments.

So all the player characters young, gifted characters from a hidden village, who are just beginning to go out and do missions. The first few sessions are training missions to teach the players the new rules =)

Although I call it D&D naruto, there are no ninja's :p I just thought it was a good idea that came with an excuse for training missions, and the players wouldn't need much world information, because they've never left their village.

Then i suppose their will be an ancient enemy, a fire, fleeing from enemies, finding old friends, battling other hidden villages and maybe some climactic battle

cybernetic

Explorer
I'll be running my first 4th Edition campaign in a third party setting called Sands of Destiny. The campaign will double as a playtest for the setting (which will be released in 2009).

I actually intend to do something new for introducing the PCs to each other. They are survivors on a airship filled with others fleeing from a massive shadow invasion on their home continent. Their airship will end up crashing on a island in the ocean (during a mutiny). Thats when the mystery starts and the characters stumble on the path that will lead them from nothing to heroes.

I'm going to break the campaign up into 3 "Seasons". Season 1 will be them dealing with being shipwrecked and trying to get to the mainland. Season 2 will be after they get off the island and make there way to their original desination, the mainland. Season 3 will be when the invasion that caused them to flee their continent comes across the ocean.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
I'm building a setting where gods and primodials have waged war for years and years while humanity and all the other races have just you know lived happily.

The the primodials win, and things slowly start going to :):):):), theres also gods walking around to, though there weakened.

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
I plan on converting Birthright to 4E since it already has that PoL feel to it. I'll have to come up with rules for blood powers but it shouldn't be too hard.

Derek

Cmarco

First Post
I plan on running my homebrew world, as I have since 2nd Edition, but I'm probably going to be jumping the timeline ahead, to a point when the Empire of Dragons (it's been there since it's inception) and the Empire of Fiends (about the time 3e began I also added a fiend-worshipping empire) have both been shattered. My setting has pretty much been ready for 4e since the very beginning of 3e, so I guess we'll just keep playing in that setting.

Also, I'll be running a 4e Living Forgotten Realms game at my FLGS twice a month.

Fobok

First Post
I've always used Forgotten Realms before, but now I'm actually thinking of using a homebrew setting. I started coming up with a setting a while ago originally to use in some short stories, but realized it worked as a D&D setting better. Since I have so many story ideas for the setting, definitely going to use it for whenever I can actually find a group.

Scribble

First Post
Used to do the whole published campaign thing...

Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Mystara, Scarred lands... (although my own version of said scarred lands...)

But I'm going back to how I origionally started gaming... In a "homebrew" which consisted of a general in my head outline of a world with lots of ripped off elements from stuff like Mystara and Forgotten realms... World will be created as we continue to adventure, as needed.

Players only have access to limited maps/ world knowledge, which may or may not be correct.

fletch137

Explorer
SandS_James said:
I'll be using Scarred Lands for 4th Edition. I've found that the default "Pools of Light" setting implications work very well with the existing Scarred Lands material (with a few nations, a few city-states, and lots of deadly wilderness inbetween)... and the advancement of the timeline fills in a lot of gaps to explain dragonborn and tieflings.

Brother, I'm right there beside you. As a big Scarred Lands fan, I was thrilled to see how closely the PoL fluff aligned with the backstory to Scarn.

However, my version for 4th ed. will be a revision rather than a progressing timeline. This will allow me to not only find ways to introduce some 4e assumptions like Eladrin and the Shadowfell, but it gives me a chance to fix some of the things that didn't sit right with me in the original version (like...why no dragons?)

Since this is the first time I've seen anyone else with the same interest in updating the Scarred Lands, where would y'all direct me to find a thread or forums where I can join in a discussion on the topic?

gnarwhal

First Post
Homebrew points of light for me.

The darkness isn't just the fall of human and dwarven civilizations, but also that orcs are becoming the dominant race, growing from tribes to kingdoms. The PCs won't be spending much time fighting orcs though -- they'll be venturing deeper and deeper underground.

Also, I'm messing with the origins of the tieflings and the dragonborn. Tieflings were once known as The Scourge, and they were the shock-troops of an empire until they turned on their masters and brought the whole thing down. Dragonborn are abberant humans - they are born to human families and give birth to human children. If it doesn't turn out to silly there might be dragonborn among other races too.

"Deeper Dungeons"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We will stick with 3.5 until the end of the campaign (which isn't imminent, but is in sight at last). At that point, having long since played Keep on the Shadowfell and, hopefully, enjoyed it, we'll have a World Shaking Event and just convert Praemal over. The changes to magic will be part of the campaign, although we'll likely pick up weeks or months after the event takes place, so that classes are chosen (at least for now).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads