• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worlds and Monsters Art Gallery

Voss

First Post
You know, its really going to bother me that all Fomorians are Balor of the Evil Eye. Racial stereotyping is terrible, especially when there isn't any basis for it :)

pukunui

Legend
Mouseferatu said:
My only complaint is that those landscape pics aren't wallpaper-sized. :(
My only complaint is that so much of the art in the preview books is clearly computer-generated.

Most of them are fine (you'd only notice if you knew what to look for) but some of them are glaringly CGI (like the landscape piece with the castle in the background ... I can't stop looking at the little shield and skull that have been copied and pasted so you've got two identical shield/skull things in the same piece and they're not even that far from each other).

EDIT: this is the one I'm talking about (although you really can't tell when it's so small):
[sblock]
110521.jpg
[/sblock]

Matrix Sorcica said:
Sorry to disappoint you but that's a hobgoblin.

I'm really curious as to how Orcs will be handled in 4E. Anyone has anything, other than they presumeably will be tougher (opponents for 5th lvl PCs)?
I remember reading somewhere that 4e orcs are going to crank up the "blood-thirsty savage" thing even more, while the hobgoblins are going to get flying fortresses and an even more Sparta-like militaristic society.

This has got to be my favorite of the landscape pieces:
[sblock]
111916.jpg
[/sblock]

FYI, my favorite piece from R&C is the one with the red-haired female elf warlock doing some sort of ritual in the woods ... that one is very evocative.

Last edited:

MadBlue

Explorer
The art looks pretty good. My only complaint is the massive heads on the troll, spined devil and wyvern (which otherwise look pretty cool).

JVisgaitis

Explorer
pukunui said:
Most of them are fine (you'd only notice if you knew what to look for) but some of them are glaringly CGI (like the landscape piece with the castle in the background ... I can't stop looking at the little shield and skull that have been copied and pasted so you've got two identical shield/skull things in the same piece and they're not even that far from each other).

That's not CGI, its digitally painted. Huge difference. Looking at the larger image I see what you mean. Its a preview book though, so it doesn't bother me at all. That's obviously just a very loose sketch. If that makes it intact into the final book, then I'll complain.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Some of the art is really cool, but overall I don't like it. I think it's because many of the figures look so top-heavy and out of proportion. Such thick arms and legs!

Clavis

First Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like there's an awful lot of unsafe bridges and walkways suspended in air? I always wondered why people in fantasy worlds could build clockwork robots, but never got the concept of the safety railing...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads