• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon: And the verdict is?

Thanee

First Post
At this size, it's certainly next to impossible to not have a modular design. ;)

And it could probably be a good source for ideas.

Bye
Thanee

atra2

Explorer
I'll think about it whenever I run a campaign in the future, but I already have so much material... and mostly only time to be a player, though I donate some time to judging RPGA events.

It's a cool challenge, but I'd probably end up trying some stuff from scratch, using a mix of monsters I always wanted to face, but never quite got to, in the way I wanted.

(I have a notion of an Underdark section that is skimpy on drow, duergar and other humanoid races because it's heavy with oozes, slimes, and vermin. Add in some converted Olive Slime and Olive Slime zombie goodness to explain the disappearance of townsfolk recently, and the PCs have a more puzzle-solving, scary "dungeon crawl" punctuated with vermin combats and the occasional ooze. Can you ever be sure you've destroyed the last bit of Olive Slime? Mwa-ha-ha! For the clueless, Olive Slime was a 2e slime with some intelligence that took over peoples' minds merely by dropping onto them, and turning them into Olive Slime Zombies. I have no idea if it's been converted for 3.5. Btw, I also like intelligent and/or carnivorous plants, and with proper care, an underground greenery area with vicious plants can be designed...)

Soul

First Post
I think the biggest draw to it for me is, that I can use it for pick up games. Any time only half group show up for our regular game or what not, everyone can all sit down and just have a good time with an old fashion dungeon crawl and not feel like they wasted a trip or what not. Also, on the days a few friends are sitting around, or in my case my family.. and everyones bored it can be picked up and played without much hassle. Thats the real win for me, to have hours, and hours, of gaming that can just be had when ever however. It really reminds me a lot of my early gaming days, and going down to my friends basement to play undermountain. Though, I could definately see mining it for smaller dungeons, or even running it as a campaign.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
at Amazon.com

World's Largest Dungeon
by Inc Alderac Entertainment Group
Price: $67.97 & This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. See details.
You Save: $31.98 (32%)

If you email Overstock.com I bet you can ask and get 41% off when it gets in stock with shipping at under $3

Ebay you can get it for $67 but the shipping is like $6+

so its not $100 :)

Aaron2

Explorer
I'm wondering how well WLD might work as a sort of Reverse Dungeon setting. Are there goblin villages and such in there?

Aaron

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads