• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon in actual play [Spoilers!]

raynbow

First Post
More Region B confusion!

Can you really only get into the whole upper left part of the map either from another Region or from the secret door in Room 27?

My group is coming from the direction of Room 1, having just come from Region A.

From the way it's written, if they don't find the secret door in Room 27, they can't get into the rest of Region B without backtracking to Region A.

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is there a door missing somewhere?

JustinM

First Post
BlueBlackRed said:
I figure there will be no new WLD groups, and those who are currently running and are still playing it in May will finish it.

Incorrect, for better or worse. I'm starting a group through it on Sunday. My only hope is that we tend toward long sessions and we play many more weeks than not. We still won't get it done before 4e shows itself, but that's okay. The weeks I'm not DMing will be someone else's homebrew, so it won't be just my game that falls behind the times. Either way, I'm surely not spending the ungodly amount of time necessary to convert this beast to 4e, which would involve fixing all the editing errors as well.

Now, if someone were to start a project group to do it, I'd be more than willing to throw my hat in the ring.

Hussar

Legend
raynbow said:
More Region B confusion!

Can you really only get into the whole upper left part of the map either from another Region or from the secret door in Room 27?

My group is coming from the direction of Room 1, having just come from Region A.

From the way it's written, if they don't find the secret door in Room 27, they can't get into the rest of Region B without backtracking to Region A.

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is there a door missing somewhere?

I don't have my book in front of me.

Region B's maps are buggered. Badly. There are all sorts of nonsensical bits in there. If you think there is a door missing, add one. I know I had to add several when I ran B. This Map I created for the James Lorimor site has all the doors I added.

jim pinto

First Post
There are about a hundred ways for the WLD to destroy your game world, so that you can game in a fresh new 4.0 world after the fact.

If you need such an excuse.

To the people having trouble with Region B map... I can only say I'm sorry so many times.

GAMER: "So say it again."

jim: "Sorry."

GAMER: "That's better."

erucsbo

Explorer
raynbow said:
That helps some, I'm still a bit confused as to where the bridge is, and how they get to it from the west side (which is where my party is coming in).

I'll fake it :)

Yeah - the description sucks.

My group didn't go through B.

I'd have the bridge extend from the east wall directly opposite the door in the west wall since the description says that the bridge stops short, but people can jump to it, and that they have to shuffle along the ledge to reach the SE exit and once there opening the lock also requires a Balance check.
Have a 2ft ledge along the east and west walls and a 1ft ledge along the south wall except for the bit in front of the SE exit. No ledge along the north wall. Have the groove run 5ft below the ledges on the west, south and east walls, and the 6" floor come out of the north wall (running along the grooves in the east and west walls and settling in the groove in the south wall).

That's my suggestion, but do what makes sense to you.

erucsbo

Explorer
jim pinto said:
To the people having trouble with Region B map... I can only say I'm sorry so many times.

GAMER: "So say it again."

jim: "Sorry."

GAMER: "That's better."

jim - if it was perfect then we'd hardly have spent so much time in this forum throwing ideas around and tweaking things. If it was not worth using WLD then we'd hardly have spent so much time in the forum throwing ideas around and tweaking things.
This forum is testimony to you getting a high credit at least for your work.

raynbow

First Post
Hussar said:
I don't have my book in front of me.

Region B's maps are buggered. Badly. There are all sorts of nonsensical bits in there. If you think there is a door missing, add one. I know I had to add several when I ran B. This Map I created for the James Lorimor site has all the doors I added.

Thanks, I'm looking at it now, I still don't see another door. I'll probably just make it ridiculously easy for them to find the secret door in B27.

Played last night and got up to B16.

Had the same issue in B12 with a bottleneck. The door there is locked with an obscene Open Locks DC for the level. Both rogues, botched the roll. I let them through anyhow, because it was either that or they'd have to backtrack all the way to Region A.

So, really, how did the dead goblins get into the pit in B12 if that door is closed and locked that well? Also, how did anything from Region B get in this section if the only entrance is though a secret door in B27 that is apparently overgrown with vegetation which suggests it hasn't been opened in ages?

I should have filled this section with Region A critters and just made it like the Region B guys had never even found this section.

P

PaulofCthulhu

Wow, I can hardly believe I started playing WLD over two years ago, and our group finished it over a year ago. If we hadn't recorded it all I would hardly have believed we actually did it, as it starts to seem a bit surreal as time goes by.

Paul

Last edited:

erucsbo

Explorer
PaulofCthulhu said:
Wow, I can hardly believe I started playing WLD over two years ago, and our group finished it over a year ago. If we hadn't recorded it all I would hardly have believed we actually did it, as it starts to seem a bit surreal as time goes by.

Hi Paul.

I listened to the audio podcasts as you went through it.
In hindsight, what stands out? What bits became the good memories that you reminisce over?

jim pinto

First Post
erucsbo said:
jim - if it was perfect then we'd hardly have spent so much time in this forum throwing ideas around and tweaking things. If it was not worth using WLD then we'd hardly have spent so much time in the forum throwing ideas around and tweaking things.
This forum is testimony to you getting a high credit at least for your work.

you know. my post sounded a lot funnier at 3am.

Remove ads