• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon in actual play [Spoilers!]

nerfherder

Explorer
PaulofCthulhu said:
Neato!

Hey, most of us are Northern. I married a roleplayer from Guisborough and the Half Orc is from Berwick-upon-Tweed.

Hal is uploading session #2 this week, with a few more photos to boot.

Paul
Well, my ex-wife is from Bradford, so I'm sure you'll understand any bad feelings I have about the place - lol!

Cheers,
Liam

P.S. this reminds me of when I was about 13 and we used to record our roleplaying sessions - not for posterity, but because one of the players was a compulsive liar! He would say "I open the door", the DM would describe the trap he'd triggered and he would say "No, I didn't actually open it, I just examined it". After much "Oh yes you did", "Oh no I didn't", we would rewind the tape and prove it to him. And this would happen several times each session. Every session. I believe he has a job in sales now...

Last edited:

Arholly

First Post
Just wanted to drop a line and say I'm also going to be running WLD very soon. I just got it and have read through Region A and skimmed through the other regions. Man, some dang good ideas in this book.

Anyway, I'm going to be running the game with 3-4 players and I like the one persons suggestion about having them each create 2 characters and when they all die, it's done. The only catch I may have with that is if they befriend any of the monsters, they can draw on them as characters, but then they have to be that race. I.E. If they befriend the orcs and one of them dies, they can draw on up to 6 orcs or so before they run out (seeing a party of all orcs adventure around would be interesting). It would also call for liberal use of Savage Species.

I think someone really needs to start compiling the ideas from here and putting together a best of WLD. That would really rock (things like copying the maps and drawing out the PC's route with marker, the kryton, etc...)

Arholly

Arholly

First Post
You know, going back to the ideas for Region A, I know one complaint (if that is even the proper phrase) has been not a lot of variance in the fiendish encounters. So I got to thinking, besides what twofalls and some others have been suggesting, why not go with the rare fiendish orc, kobold or like. Maybe one of the humanoids here got corrupted by the portal and became fiendish or maybe just stepped out. Something for a little more variety.

Incidentally, I'm going to start skimming this thread and pulling out things that should probably go in a "Best of..." document and compiling it.

Arholly

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
You know, going back to the ideas for Region A, I know one complaint (if that is even the proper phrase) has been not a lot of variance in the fiendish encounters. So I got to thinking, besides what twofalls and some others have been suggesting, why not go with the rare fiendish orc, kobold or like. Maybe one of the humanoids here got corrupted by the portal and became fiendish or maybe just stepped out. Something for a little more variety.

The shear number of darkmantles and rats in section A have been a compaint I've heard about other campaigns going through this.
So what I'm doing is having a few of them slain here and there and tossing a few low level brigand types into the mix. They thought they had found a good hideout only to realize how hosed they were once they realized they couldn't leave. I figure they'll be there to try to sponge off the PC's for as long as the PC's let them (general lazy neutral evil types).

jim pinto

First Post
Arholly said:

Incidentally, I'm going to start skimming this thread and pulling out things that should probably go in a "Best of..." document and compiling it.

Arholly

i would agree the region can be repetitive at time. i blame sloppy editing (oh wait. that's me). and of course, the fact that the story is slender. however, i believe its an easy fix. a rare fiendish orc is a great idea. perhaps the draw to chase longtail was also fueled by a draw to something else.... inexplicable.

an elf, goblin, or kobold also works

(for more on elf deserters, read Region H)

Arholly

First Post
Yeah, I'm planning on throwing in an Elven Deserter now and then, maybe a dead one for variety. Really make them wonder what is going on.

Neumannium

First Post
Thanks, Jim

Jim,

I received the map .jpgs you sent me and they're excellent. :D

Thank you for doing that!

When that e-mail popped up in my Inbox, it was like getting an e-mail from Elvis. Too cool. :p

Remove ads