• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon in actual play [Spoilers!]

CrimsonScribe

First Post
Soul said:
Are there any links to CrimsonScribes player maps yet, or are they still just being passed around via e-mail?

Unfortunately, they are still only being passed around via email. Arholly seems to have all but disappeared and as such the fansite appears to be suffering as well (yes, it still works, but no one is posting).

I've been a fair bit busier than normal lately, so I've kind of stopped at Region E, however I have a couple of weeks off over christmas so I will do my best to get as much done as possible then.

Soul

First Post
Well, if anyone wants to send them to NBrown at outhouse-productions dot com, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

JamesL85

First Post
Hey Crimson....Send the files to me and I'll try to come up with something extremely crude on my site.....

Mail to ffslug at st-tel dot net

JamesL85

First Post
Thanks Crimson, I have the files.....

Although you said:
James (I assume),

Here is the map for Region A. If you do intend to host these, the
only thing I ask is that you put AEG's "copyright" statement clearly
on the page that offers the downloads - that appears to be their only
request as far as hosting the images goes.

I went to the website that hosts the other downloads and found the following:

All maps and game text related to the World's Largest Dungeon are TM and Copyright AEG, 2004. All rights reserved. Brandon Morrison has written permission from AEG to host this information on his site. Republishing of this material without written authorization from Alderac Entertainment Group, is a violation of our copyright. In other words, feel free to share the information with friends, but don't post it everywhere and for goodness sake don't publish it at Kinko's(tm).

Mr. Pinto, can I use the same text on my website (of course, change the name), or do I need to contact AEG and get their blessing?

FWIW, my site won't have any links to that page, the only link coming from this thread (and, of course, word of mouth)......

Let me know....

Respectfully,
James

hitomikitage

First Post
The way i do walls is to not allow them to be shaped, moved through, cut/broken, or in any way manipulated. I had to think of something quick in order to keep my players from just trying to dig their way out of the dungeon when they were first trapped inside. This kind of caused me to go back to the whole idea that was presented in the book that the only way to bring down walls and chunks of the dungeon is via massive structural damage via the earthquakes. I can't remember if this was strictly addressed in the book or if I just came up with that myself, but it seemed like a good idea. It seems to work so far, as the room traps can't be circumvented by a cleric using stone shape style spells or anything like that. I find that this is the easiest way to also promote original thinking and slightly more creative methods of doing just about everything in the dungeon, which is usually much more rewarding for the players when they succeed at a task.

Thanks,
Howard

twofalls

DM Beadle
All Doors

When I next run the WLD, which may be some months from now, it will be to explore Region E. Inside E there are three or four secret chambers with access only possible through an all door room, which you need a codeword in order to access. The codewords are located in only one area and aren't really indexed in such a way as to make it apparent as to what they are.

How would you, when running this section, introduce the All Door rooms in a useable fashion? Not make them player accessable and only allow the garrison to access them?

Keska

Explorer
Originally Posted by Twofalls
When I next run the WLD, which may be some months from now, it will be to explore Region E. Inside E there are three or four secret chambers with access only possible through an all door room, which you need a codeword in order to access. The codewords are located in only one area and aren't really indexed in such a way as to make it apparent as to what they are.

How would you, when running this section, introduce the All Door rooms in a useable fashion? Not make them player accessable and only allow the garrison to access them?

I'm running my group through Region E right now. Here's the way I'm handling the All-Door situation:

The PCs are working with the "celestial" half of the garrison. Resources are low, but the celestials can't spare the manpower to go get the All-Door (even though they know where it should be), especially since the last person that tried to retreive one of their missing magic items didn't come back. However, they don't really just want the PCs to go get it either without some guarantee that the Door will be brought back to the garrison. So they've asked the PCs to first join the garrison by completing the trial rooms and signing the charter.

Both the celestials and the inevitables hae the code words, but it's possible they could be lying around elsewhere as well. You might have your PCs find the list in the pocket of the dead trumpet archon.

Last edited:

jim pinto

First Post
JamesL85 said:
Thanks Crimson, I have the files.....

Although you said:

I went to the website that hosts the other downloads and found the following:

Mr. Pinto, can I use the same text on my website (of course, change the name), or do I need to contact AEG and get their blessing?

FWIW, my site won't have any links to that page, the only link coming from this thread (and, of course, word of mouth)......

Let me know....

Respectfully,
James

please e-mail me (aegartguy@alderac.com), so i can get you the correct boilerplate for your site

fair?

Remove ads