• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon in actual play [Spoilers!]

Bathnor

First Post
Still slugging it out Gesalt style

Still trudging along in the WLD. Thanks for all the advice from before. I don't think he was cheating. just perhaps got lucky sometimes.

My party is 15th level so far and are currently wading through the Tomb of the Unliving. They are a powerful group and had been slaughtering hordes left and right. The mummy tried to make a deal with them but our bard laughed at her. I don't think she will be pleased when they meet in person.

Last session they fought the Alloy Golom and pulled one of the false levers. I gave the Alloy Golom power attack just for fun. Two characters almost died. Lol I think they won't rush into things now.

They havn't encountered any of the BBEGs from this arc yet except for the mummy, and even then it was just a projected image. They havn't even met the "Great Death" yet. I believe that we ended the game session in the Alloy Golom room. Anyone have any advice on how to ... deal with the BBEGs trying to stop the party.

I think this is going to be my last campaign that I run for awhile. A friend of mine is going to be taking over "The Chair" once they finish the WLD. I think it will be a nice change because the last time I actually made up a Player character that wasn't an NPC or a monster was back in the days of 2E. Yup .. good times.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Wow!
This thread's still going?

Every now and again I turn around and look at my copy of the WLD and think "That was fun, but never again."

And then I think about how I overpowered the group's final fight, but oh well.

erucsbo

Explorer
Wow!
This thread's still going?

Every now and again I turn around and look at my copy of the WLD and think "That was fun, but never again."

And then I think about how I overpowered the group's final fight, but oh well.

ditto - except for the final fight. My group were well and truly sick of WLD and just wanted to get out at the end.

If I had my time over again I think I would have split it up in to separate adventures (among other changes).

erucsbo

Explorer
They havn't encountered any of the BBEGs from this arc yet except for the mummy, and even then it was just a projected image. They havn't even met the "Great Death" yet. I believe that we ended the game session in the Alloy Golom room. Anyone have any advice on how to ... deal with the BBEGs trying to stop the party.

you wanting to help the party or the BBEGs?

chrisheff

First Post
I posted my campaign here a few years back, and now I'm finally starting the WLD again fresh with a new batch of players. I'll post updates here if anyone's interested.

chrisheff

First Post
I'm going to start off the campaign using a 3.5 converted "Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" and then get them into the dungeon when the party is around level 2-3. I still have my WLD notes from the first go round, so will be using that as a starting point when I get the party into the dungeon.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'm going to start off the campaign using a 3.5 converted "Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" and then get them into the dungeon when the party is around level 2-3. I still have my WLD notes from the first go round, so will be using that as a starting point when I get the party into the dungeon.

Do you have the 3.5 DMG II with the "fully rendered" town of Saltmarsh?

chrisheff

First Post
I do, but my vision of Saltmarsh from 1E was a very small village, and the 3.5 DMG II made Saltmarsh a little too large for my tastes. I'm going to stick with my 1E vision of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads