• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
2 square miles => 5,179,976.22 square meters
25 square feet (5'x5') => 2.322576 square meters
5,179,976.22/2.322576=2,230,272 5'x5' squares
2,230,272/16(maps)=139,392 squares per map
~314x444 5'x5' squares per map
~less than 2mm per 5'x5' square

Either the maps are bigger than 24"x34", there are a lot of maps in the book that are not on the foldout maps, the maps are two sided, the maps don't feature 5' squares, or the 2 square mile balpark was way off.

jim pinto

First Post
been quiet

sorry for being out of touch for so long

i promise to have 3 new encounters to post on friday
to make up for my absence

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Looking forward to it...

I do have a question, though. Are you working on the Accordlands books as well? If so, how in the world are you going to edit/write 2400 pages by the Fall?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
DaveMage said:
What if the squares are 10' x 10'?

4 mm per square?
:eek: that could be a possibility, but that way i could produce the world's biggest dungeon without a hitch, with just drawing a dungeon and saying that the squares are 100' x 100' :cool:

Nah, if they use a bigger square scale than 5' x 5' i would feel that they where cheating just to get to use the name biggest dungeon...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
DaveMage said:
I do have a question, though. Are you working on the Accordlands books as well? If so, how in the world are you going to edit/write 2400 pages by the Fall?
~14 weeks left, => ~100 days
2400/100=24 pages per day
A healthy 8 hours a day of sleep leaves a nice 16 hours a day for writing and editing.
24/16=1.5 pages per hour
Thus around a page per 40 minutes sounds about right ;-)

jim pinto

First Post
Cergorach said:
~14 weeks left, => ~100 days
2400/100=24 pages per day
A healthy 8 hours a day of sleep leaves a nice 16 hours a day for writing and editing.
24/16=1.5 pages per hour
Thus around a page per 40 minutes sounds about right ;-)

oh crap

that's good.

i am not in charge of the accordlands.
i'm helping with mechanics and format where i can, but
that's someone else's game. not mine. besides, writing/editing
the WLD is already killing me, so i don't think i need to die twice.

you guys do know i'm the art director for the company, right?
which is already a 40 hour a week job?

squares are 10 x 10, with the DM having the option of making them 5 x 5 if he likes or 20 x 20. scale is scale. this dungeon is the LARGEST, because it contains the most encounters and covers the most wall space in your room,
not because it takes a fleet of custodians to clean it

btw... we redid the math, yesterday.

at 10 x 10 its 1.5 square miles

and since square miles are exponential, 5 x 5 would be a .5 square miles (still pretty big) and at 20 x 20 its the size of rhode island.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads