• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day 2007

JVisgaitis

Explorer
So what goes on at Worldwide D&D Gameday? I always have something going on that day. This year I can probably make it. Just curious what I should expect. I assume everyone just shows up and plays D&D, right?

GreyWizard77

First Post
I plan on stopping by my FLGS and seeing what the options are. I went last year for the first time and it was pretty decent. For me it's just another chance to feed the addiction.

Glyfair

Explorer
JVisgaitis said:
So what goes on at Worldwide D&D Gameday? I always have something going on that day. This year I can probably make it. Just curious what I should expect. I assume everyone just shows up and plays D&D, right?

Depends on the location. WotC sets up a standard adventure (that's usually a brief and straight forward Dungeon crawl) with preset characters and different giveaways. The first year it was the adventure in the back of the Eberron Campaign setting (and the pregenerated characters never got released). The second year a generic D&D adventure. The third year was a "Ravenloft" adventure. This year is supposed to be tied into Icewind Dale.

On the other hand, each store does different things. Last year I ran last years Dungeon Delve characters against the Colossal Red Dragon at each store. One store had a lot of games going each year.

I know last year a bunch of us decided to put together an adventure for this years because last years was very lame. I dropped out when the majority went in a direction I was very non-enthused about. I think the discussion petered out after that.

In fact, Clark Petersen suggested he might create one (with characters) this year.

Last edited:

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
WWDDGD events are planned and run by the individual shops that host them, so they can vary dramatically. As already mentioned, WotC provides an adventure and characters and some giveaways, but at the end of the day it's up to the shop and the local D&D players who work with the shop to make the day into whatever they want it to be.

Playing D&D (the RPG) is usually the centerpiece of an event, but there may be other types of play (Three-Dragon Ante; Inn-Fighting; DDM (this year WWDDGD is the same weekend as the release of Desert of Desolation)), as well as general hanging around and having a good time with other D&D players.

Wraith Form

Explorer
CharlesRyan said:
as well as general hanging around and having a good time with other D&D players.
And smelling them. Don't forget smelling them.

(...what? The guys at my FLGS often reek. It's a sad fact, not an opinion. So don't forget your body wash, deodorant and foot scents this year please.)

Remove ads