• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worse. Character. Name. Ever!!

babomb

First Post
We had a bard named Rad once.

Probably the worst was the Cleric of Heironius named...He-Shang Shadowlord. For some reason we had trouble remembering that, so he changed it to Bill-Shang. We called him He-Shang anyway.

The same player made an elven fighter named Carrick Killian. The first time he said it, It sounded like Carrot Killin'. He had to change because we kept laughing at his name.

Another player didn't like that I wouldn't let him name his character Charlton Heston, so he put two NPCs in his background named Charlton and Heston. I think he tried to make a thief named Lupin the Third, too.

There was also a bard at some point who couldn't remember his name, so we ended up calling him Chuck.

loisel

First Post
my contributions

For a Marvel Superheroes game, one guy had a strong brawling type guy with moss growing on his chest and arms. His name was "Tundra, the Canadian Shield."

And then there was the Jedi named Justin Time.

Lastly, in a D&D campaign, when they asked for the girl's last name, I couldn't come up with one so I cracked: "Sandra Bellyflop."

Angcuru

First Post
babomb said:
I think he tried to make a thief named Lupin the Third, too.
Lupin the Thiiiiiird!!:D

Reminds me of a mini-party we're forming IMG. The head of the group is a Psychic Thief who is the Prince of Thieves, and he's going to team up with two other guys played by me and the other player. Guess who? A Half-Elf with a gun and a Human Samurai!:p

Twist of Fate

First Post
Ok, yes I will fess up that this was one of my PC's names in LG

Sa'atan Darkprince.....

and before you ask, YES it has been changed, but I went 6 levels before someone asked me to change it, by that time I realised that I should, no harm no foul, he's happier being someone else :)

Eltanin24

First Post
I had some bad ones back in first edition...

Armyofghouls
Fire
' both names that will get you in trouble should you yell them in town
Armyofghouls , over here!

We had a friend went through a bad period of bird names ( all rangers w/ dirty blond hair)
Hawk
Raven
Falcon
Falconhawk
Falconhawk Eaglesparrow

Then my friends brother, had LL Bluejay the Rappin' Ranger.
Who ended up dying in prison, and having all of his ashes spread across all 666 layers of the abyss.
This did however end the string of bad Bird names.

There was an evil NPC Fighter named Yureg, this wasn't a bad name except when we killed him.
" Yeah, We beat Yureg"

An unbeatable Fighter named Lord Instantmassdeath

I had Bob, Patron saint of all unnamed NPCs
Iduno the thief acrobat

Theres two players in Living Greyhawk,
Sniff Mc Crotch (necromancer)and his brother Scratch

A player IMC played a paladin of Varan, the god of true seeing. He named him "Three-Person." I asked him why and he just looked at me. I never found out. Anyway, I called him "Greybeard."

I had a halfling messenger (custom core class) NPC named Andronicus Smuin. And I STILL like that name, even to this day. (I even snuck it as an Easter egg into a software product I was working on.)

The Spectrum Rider

Matt Black

First Post
Talking of bad Star Wars names, how can you go
past the distinctly fishy Mon Calamari?

Not only stalwarts of the Rebel Alliance, but
really tasty on a bed of lettuce with a light
vinegarette

Thresher

First Post
Ah Star Wars, yes many a heinous name has crawled out onto paper...

Buck Jizzam, an x-wing pilot created by Hygric was possibly one of the nastiest and most memorable of the worst names. He died horribly ramming a stardestroyer when his engines where ionised, think he broke it rather well too!

Then there was last weekend, J left early after failing to write on on his character sheet... he now is lumped with a Force adept called Gobels Meinobbles.

Think the worst character name Ive used was a Shadowrun detective called Funk Champion and it wasnt something you should pronounce with a mouthful of chips otherwise it didnt sound quite right.

Remove ads