• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Character Name

Orco42

First Post
There has been a lot, I have had many odd players.

Thorazine NyQuill
Bekane Tallywacker
Jesus the Assassin
Lucifer
Dingleberry
Beautiful **** Eyes (I really can't say that but watch Pink Flamingos)
Putz the Mage

I'm sure there are more, but I think I have blocked them from my memory.

Acmite

First Post
Gilded what?

There's this one guy in my group who insists on givng his characters "mundane" names.

He almost always plays rogues, and actually three of these names belong to "identities" one of his characters created:

Zane, Tristan, Carl, Lyle, and there's more I'm not remembering

In Living Greyhawk, one of the guys I play with has a character named: Koreth of the Golden Lions.....which we quickly changed to Koreth of the Gilded Loins. He was not impressed.

I wish I could remember some of the retarded names I've heard (or had) over the years, but my memory sucks for that sort of thing.

Acmite

Cor Azer

First Post
Re: Gilded what?

Acmite said:
There's this one guy in my group who insists on givng his characters "mundane" names.

He almost always plays rogues, and actually three of these names belong to "identities" one of his characters created:

Zane, Tristan, Carl, Lyle, and there's more I'm not remembering

In Living Greyhawk, one of the guys I play with has a character named: Koreth of the Golden Lions.....which we quickly changed to Koreth of the Gilded Loins. He was not impressed.

I wish I could remember some of the retarded names I've heard (or had) over the years, but my memory sucks for that sort of thing.

Acmite

For the record, the Karl was with a 'K', and Xane with an 'X' (he wasn't my character though).

And Acmite, while not technically your character, you did name Darloch's brother Percy.

Back in an old Ravenloft game, one of the players had a hard time thinking of a name. He looked at the DM's screen, then announced, "My name is Tfolnevar!"

The DM said, "Felnevar?"

"Tfolnevar! The 'T' is silent..."

These are the two gentlemen who introduced me to Nonac the barbarian and Xevaj the cleric, and lead to another player when DMing later having an NPC assassin named Ttefa Bob coming after us.

The Green Man

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
I would smack the living :):):):) out of any player who gave me this crap as his PCs name.

Did the ass think he was being cute or something?

I'm not angry at you Green Man but this stuff really burns me up.

Hehe, well if you ever saw the player... I was tempted to kick his posterior also, but if you ever saw him you'd know why I didn't. He's like ten times bigger than me, I swear and works as a bouncer. ;)

Treacherous

First Post
bad names

A player bringing a new human wizard to my campaign has named his character Red Mallet Six. He has yet to name his familiar, but let me tell you I just can't wait. This is the same player who named his Living Force (RPGA Star Wars game) soldier character Bort Lancaster.

In the same campaign another PC is named "Ironwood" Arnie Nugget, by a player who has also had a druid named Diurd.

I have played with and DMed for several people in the RPGA with some of the worst character names I've ever seen: Princess Venus, a sorceress and Timekeeper, a wizard. Then there is a local favorite, the player of PC Death Dragonslayer, in Living City. He has similarly named characters in other living campaigns--Death Eagle is his Greyhawk character, and there are others I mercifully can't recall.

p.s. "Spelriggen" is not just a bad name, it's indicative of a bad person. That kind of BS wouldn't be allowed in my game, much less the RPGA.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Hypersmurf said:

I give up! I give up!

This name is so familiar, but I can't remember the source!

I know Gygax used "Fonkin" as an elvish endearment in Saga of Old City... but I know I've heard the name!

Someone please remind me... :(

-Hyp.

In the back of the Hero Builders Guidebook, though I don't know whether that's the original source.

Rav

Skarp Hedin

First Post
In my current campaign, there's a now-dead sorceress whose name was "Milana Furrybush". As she is dead, that name is no longer inflicted on us, so all we have to deal with is "Johnson", the cleric of Azuth. The halfling wizard's name is "Knutty Leafbottom", and the human paladin's name is "Lewis Mudd". Lewis Mudd's not so bad, though it's pretty funny.

Funny names

LOL this, unfortunately, is an area where we excel!

After a LONG tangent of "Your momma" jokes, a player named his halfling barbarian JaMam

After whining and complaining about how much he wants to have a Roman or Greek styled campaign, a player names his fighter Testicles (pronounced Test-ic-clees) LOL

I once had a female necromancer, with a name randomly generated from the character generator. The name Gaennes came up. However, LOL, the name got butchered to "Gayness" or "Gay Anus" LOL

Remove ads