• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst character possible

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
A 20th level sorcerer who was polymorphed into a toad by a Hag who affected him with a Bestow Curse and a Geas that forces him to sing about every actions he undertakes.

Or the other way around, a toad polymorphed into a 20th-level sorcerer. Just walk around absentmindedly chasing flies until danger approaches. Then say “ribbit” and roll on the Wild Surge table.

(although I do love the reference)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
A Bard with the opposite of 'perfect pitch' and 'a musician's ear'. When you perform you are flat, off-key, out of tune, hit the wrong notes. If you try to hit a powerful high note you shatter glass (and eardrums).

Set up your stats for something other than the class you actually play - nothing like a Spell Save DC of 10 to make sure nothing you do ever works.

Pick a race that is counter-intuitive for your character concept. An Elf who is afraid of his imminent mortality. A Dwarf with allergies to exposure to stone / rock. A serious Kender.

Last edited:

niklinna

satisfied?
Grung GOO pact chainlock with a Slaad Tadpole (variant rule that lets you get a tiny monster as a familiar if you can con your DM into it).
[emphasis added]

There you go, revealing the secrets of power players and ruining everything. This is why we can't have nice things!

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
hulking barbarian pasifist named dave

Pacifist Cleric who feels the need to lecture the other players about his moral superiority and their inherent inferiority to his enlightened understanding - and gets in the way of every fight.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
IMO. The worst character is the one who is really optimized but doesn't actually try to use that optimization in game. You can pwn everything but choose not to. Everyone at the table knows you could save them from death with your amazing powers but that you choose to not do it. ETC.

To this end almost any character choice will work.

Li Shenron

Legend
My dm wants us to make the worst character possible flaws bonds and all. ( Example: a blind ranger, or a character or can't turn left) this is for a one shot. I think it's going to be a funny game.

If taken with the right spirit, this could be a great idea :)

The point is not to design unplayable characters but to design flawed characters that are still playable. Examples:

- a truly dumb Wizard > can be still quite effective if casting spells that require no attacks or saves
- a Bard that sounds atrocious when singing > think Assourancetourix. His allies use his "skills" for driving the opponents nuts
- a clumsy Rogue but with an enormous luck, triggers every traps but somehow they end up turning against the enemies
- a diminutive weak fighter but with boundless courage and boldness > Didymus, the dog character from the movie Labyrinth
- Zaphod Beeblebrox

I would TOTALLY love playing in such a party :)

Nevvur

Explorer
Drow shadow monk, entertainer background.

The quintessential exotic lesbian stripper ninja.

Personality Traits: If you got it, flaunt it. I got it!
Ideals: Be the sexiest and deadliest person in the world.
Bonds: My supermodel girlfriend cleric won't stop Sending me, but she'll find me and Raise Dead if I ever die so I have to keep her around.
Flaws: None.

Remove ads