• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst RPG Ever?

Green Knight

First Post
I know one of the disadvantages was "Homosexual." Yeesh...

GM: Ok, Green Knight, roll for your disadvantage.

GK: Alright ... *rolls* Hmm, 87. *checks chart* Damn! I'm a homosexual!
:mad:

ROTFLMAO!!!

And eatenmyeyes, you're not the only one looking to offload his Rifts collection. Next couple of days I'm gonna be putting my entire Palladium collection up on eBay. I just can't stand the Palladium rules system, any more. Love the Rifts and Palladium Fantasy settings, but the rules get in the way of my enjoyment of the game.

Had the same feeling with AD&D. After playing it for a while, it'd eventually start feeling like the rules were hamstringing me, cutting down my enjoyment of the game.

Dragonlance 5th Age flat out sucked. No ifs and or buts about it. Character creation was especially lame. If you got lucky with the draw, then you'd have a character who was good at EVERYTHING. If you were unlucky at the draw, then you could end up with a character who's completely USELESS.

GURPS was okay, but it was easily abused.

Can't comment on Champions til I buy the Hero System 5th Edition book. We'll see.

Seems to me that a lot of folks have picked some games that they didn't like aspects of and claimed that they were the worst games ever. Sounds like pretty sour grapes. Champions certainly, by any stretch of the word (and I'm the kind of guy who strongly dislikes the design philosophy of Champions) isn't the worst game ever, nor is Rifts, nor Palladium, etc. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could not vote for something ala FATAL or Synnibar.

Deadguy

First Post
Tsyr said:
Dang deadguy, I actualy wanna get a copy of that now :(
I can't put my hands on my copy, but I am fairly sure that it is Fantasy Wargaming by Bruce Galloway. Check up under BookFinder.com - I can see a fair few secondhand copies.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Joshua Dyal said:
Frankly, I don't see how anyone could not vote for something ala FATAL or Synnibar.

Speaking only for myself, I can only vote for games I've actually played, read, and/or remember, which leaves out FATAL or Synnibar.

Speaking only for myself, I can only vote for games I've actually played, read, and/or remember, which leaves out FATAL or Synnibar.
FATAL, at least, is a free download, so at least looking at it, when it got all that attention a few monthes ago, wouldn't have been hard.

I guess I just struggle with the concept that many people have picked games that can't possibly be the worst games ever, just games that they had personal gripes with. I dunno, maybe the purpose here was to vent, but I doubt it.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Joshua Dyal said:

FATAL, at least, is a free download, so at least looking at it, when it got all that attention a few monthes ago, wouldn't have been hard.

I guess I just struggle with the concept that many people have picked games that can't possibly be the worst games ever, just games that they had personal gripes with. I dunno, maybe the purpose here was to vent, but I doubt it.

Well unless you had experience with every game system then you have to go with what you played. Champions was one of the least fun games I've every bought, IMO.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Joshua Dyal said:

I hadn't even heard of FATAL until this thread. I guess I have to little free time to follow every thread. Gotta pick and choose. :(

Is there any other way? :D It's all subjective.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst RPG Ever?

S'mon said:

I gave my copy of Cyborg Commando (which cost me £1.99 new from the bargain bin) to a charity shop, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty certain your name is the only one on the box (in England this is known as the tort of 'passing off'...) :)
The sad thing is that I really wanted it to be good, or at least a source of ideas. Something like the Duke Nukem video game, perhaps. But from the fully-android 'cyborgs' (silly-looking robots with human brains in their torsos) to the unkillable amoebae that were the baddies, everything about it truly, truly sucked.

I guess we live and learn. And you created D&D, so I guess I can forgive you this one time for letting your name go on that drek. :)

As publishes by NI, all three names were on the box, although I don't recall the order.

Actually, when I saw the end result I was not absolutely pleased. There are still notes on file here for the second and third sets. The game was going to add a step where the characters became exactly what you mentioned, brains in metal bodies, and finally they were to go back to humans in even bigger bodies, not unlike another game that was around back then...

:eek:

Gary

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads