• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT] Question about cards.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
I seem to remember at the begining of 3e someone made spell cards and got into some trouble with Wizards for this, probably something to do with liscening and whatnot. I'd like to know about that because I made some Weave cards for WoT. Now I wonder if I have to be concerned about posting them up on my website or not.

Does it matter that Wizards isn't doing WoT anymore?

Should I take them down?

Should I wait for Wizards to write me a nice letter first?

here's a link to the cards:
http://home.new.rr.com/scumachertodd4/Weave_cards.zip

Thanks.

Enforcer

Explorer
WotC will probably not like you posting those, given that it's copyrighted material and not part of the OGL. That being said, who's gonna download them if they don't already have the rulebook? They'd be pretty useless without it. If WotC does tell you to take them down, you'll still be free to use them in your own campaign, provided that you don't get any money from using them (I wish I could charge my players for playing, sheesh).

Eben

First Post
Maybe they're copyrighted , but it's not like you're stealing business from WotC or Jordan. So unless WotC was planning on releasing something similar for Wot RPG, which they aren't, or somebody else wanted to get a copyright on this, which is highly unlikely as the system is copyrighted, I doubt if you or your great cards are in any trouble.

Nice work.

Falcon of Lugh

First Post
Enforcer said:
WotC will probably not like you posting those, given that it's copyrighted material and not part of the OGL.

I concur. Excellent work done, but they would probably dislike the existance of this file available to users on the internet.

(I wish I could charge my players for playing, sheesh).

Now that would be awesome. Then again, now that we have jobs and are older we tend to buy all kinds of crazy things for one another. A friend bought me the Ravenloft d20 CRB just so I would run it for the group. Subtle hints... HA!

Remove ads