• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS WOTBS: gaming in real time

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
mistwell-albums-mistwell-s-tuesday-night-game-picture889-playing-mistwell-manor.jpg

*this is Mistwell's wife, snapped this while he was playing tonight! *

Mistwell

Yeah, nice digs. What encounter was that, by the way?

We are in the burning forest. This one started with some hellhounds approaching us on a bridge and dropping some sort of enchanted bone (which our wizard tossed off the bridge using prestidigitation). Then we encountered some nasty dude who summoned some faceless demon-things to assault us, and who teleported away once we almost killed him (I think that is the map in the picture - our DM prints maps for each combat encounter). Final encounter of the evening involved helping a Dragonborn collect some special components for his research from some nearby caves.

I'll try and get some better pictures up next session. The man-cave is newly operational...

Mistwell

Here are some shots from earlier. We saved some druids from burning trees using a ritual performed by a Dragonborn we met:

4425539951_caae2d22cc.jpg

And then when the ritual blew up and caved in a hole to tunnels below, we fought some mushroom guys down there (yes that is a roll of blue painter's tape representing the hole in the first picture):

4425552135_6063169d03.jpg

In last night's session, we just cleared a tower at the mid point of a bridge, then fought some skeletons and a ghast in an abandoned village on the far side of the bridge. No pictures I am afraid.

I like how you can never be certain of getting a short rest between encounters. Twice now two encounters started back to back with no short rest. Makes resource balancing even more delicate.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Very nice. Reminds me of my basement except with a fireplace instead of a window...and children's toys instead of my toys :(.

Mistwell

Love the maps - your dm print them at home?

Printing them at work I believe. He has one of those Xerox Phaser solid ink printers, so it costs $0.01 a page (same as b & w printing). Wish I could afford one of those printers, but the up-front cost is high.

Remove ads