WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik doesn't hear anything, but he is not one to ignore a warning. He stands up from the measly chair and draws his falchion, quietly walking to the stairs. He whispers, "Anyone who's good in a fight, get over here with me."

The half-orc covers the distance in a couple of short strides and braces himself near the stairs, ready to fend off anything.

[sblock=OOC]
Barrik can't make those, except on a nat 20, so I'm not going to bother.

And a curse upon you Fangor! Why do you get the good rolls?

Anyways, Barrik gets close to the stairs and goes into Total Defense, raising AC to 20. Just in case... And could we get a map for the Poison Apple, HM?
I'm figuring we could get into a formation that blocks the stairs, with Marda in the center and me and Aaron on either side, or one step ahead. It depends on how much room we have for the staircase...

And, if you wouldn't mind rolling Init for me, just to speed things up a little, HM. Bonus is +2.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron steps beside the Half-Orc, his Bastard Sword now in hand and awaits a foe to direct his attention to, other than Barrik himself... ;)

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, somehow I had some decent rolls there! Now I will SUCK in combat! Oh well... BTW - I am able to use my Bodyguard attack if I am next to an ally and still threatening a foe. So, Aaron will be up front with Barrik.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

Shade falls silent at the warning, imeediately casting her eyes to the ceiling. "Above." is all she whispers before taking the opportunity to sink back into the shadows as she draws her blackened blades.

The creeping shadow makes her way around to the wall next to the stairs, readying a full attack.

Perception X2 = 23, 18

Stealth=26

OOC - wow 2 20s on stealth in as many rolls.

Songdragon

Explorer
The dwarven woman moves up with the half-orc and Aaron. She gazes over at Torrent and in a whisper, "Where do we need to go fer our small friend? In case we get separated."

She then turns back to face the stairs and with a friendly nudge to Aaron and whispers, "Gracenyes' blessings to all of us lad."

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

... He whispers, "Anyone who's good in a fight, get over here with me."

The elf coughs again and doesn't move to join them. In effect, he just keeps sitting, holding his drink: "Sorry, I will not be of help. I wasn't expecting a fight today, so I memorized no attack spells."

[sblock=OOC]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2663825/Fan & Caty: Full defense.

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 6/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group is a flurry of motion at the thought of a group of men coming to ambush them. Nearing the steps Barrik, Aaron, and Marda wait.

Shade slinks into the shadows and gains a vantage point to watch everywhere.

Fantalass casts his spell and waits to see if he might be needed, although his spells are not quite the ones he wishes they were.

Torrent stands axe in hand watching the ceiling as if she can see the men through it.

*thump, thump*

*thump, thump*

Listening for the creaking of floor boards again, the group notices another sound. Different from men walking it is more like ripe fruit being dropped on the roof of a house. It is distant, muted coming from somewhere outside the inn and away, somewhere from inside the city.

Suddenly the front door to the pub shatters as two men with a portable battering ram break through. Two others hurry into the taproom swords drawn.

"Drop your weapons and come quietly. We don't want to break your valuable little heads." the lead thug says.

"Ha! Just try it, buddy." Torrent replies.

[sblock=OOC]
First this:
Listening for the creaking of floor boards again, the group notices another sound. Different from men walking it is more like ripe fruit being dropped on the roof of a house. It is distant, muted coming from somewhere outside the inn and away, somewhere from inside the city.

Was not the reason for the second Perception check.

This was:
[sblock=Perception DC 5]
Just before the door is broken down you hear some say "Front door, go." Which would lead you to believe there are more thugs outside. [/sblock]

Now there is one more "round" to go before regular combat and this is a doozy, :p

Please post in an sblock what it is you want your character to do this next "round" and an init to go with it. Based off that and what happens per the game, I will sort out the chaos and then post everything that happens before we start normal combat.

Here's your init DW since you wanted me to roll it. 1d20+2 = 17

Question meet me in the OOC please. [/sblock]

Attachments

• PAP1.jpg
    PAP1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Not really able to fight alone, Fantalass stands cautiously up, waiting what the others will do...

[sblock=OOC]

Fan & Caty: Full defense.

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 6/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
[sblock=Intended Action] Marda turns to the newcomers, and swears in dwarven as she takes a strep forward (5ft step towards the thugs). Her left forearm glows in a silvery radiance from beneath the clothing. "I call forth your power this night Gracenyes, give us aid as we do battle!" She then casts bless as the radiance momentarily bursts forth to engulf the room and each ally feels uplifted and energized. She then stares at the two at the door threatening the group, "I counter your offer and will give you the option to flee, now!"

(Initiative 1d20+1=21 )
Bless (1 minute) (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.) [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=Barrik’s Actions:]
Barrik spins around as the door breaks open. A low growl issues from his lips at the threat from the thugs. He mumbles, “You two stay here, in case more come down the stairs.” The half-orc’s grip on his falchion tightens and a mischievous glint flashes across his eyes. ”You’re outnumbered. Tell me, do you even know what we can do?”

As he speaks, a golden dog appears out of thin air in the snowy doorway, just behind the thugs. It growls and snaps at the thug’s backside, intent on either hanging on or ripping it off.

[sblock=OOC]
Using Summon SLA for a Celestial Dog. It attacks Thug 1, +2 melee for 1d4+1 damage
And, Perception check: nat 1. A pox on IC!!! :rant:
Fangor, Songdragon, how about sharing those rolls?!?
[/sblock][/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

[sblock=Actions]Shade remains hidden by the stairs, amongst the boxes, as a nasty surprise for however comes within reach, even though she is emblodened by the bleesing of the dwarf.
1d20+3=15[/sblock]OOC - we could use some numbers/letters for placement on the map

Remove ads