• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC ad - insulting to gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
Windmill Tilter said:
There's your answer!
So you are offended because it might have offended someone else?

//shakes head//

That's it? You've decided that your cause is the poor stereotypical gamer?

OK. More power to you.

I am offended at your ability to be offended by offensiveness in non-offensive items and your claims of offense from those items that you then get defensive over defending.

fusangite

First Post
The Traveler said:
Well, this thread certainly turned out charming.
Yeah -- I keep showing up hoping someone has scanned the ad. I want to use it as my backdrop. It would be great if it were one of a series-- I'd love to see a series of ads lampooning geek culture. Who knows... maybe this will actually make me buy Dungeon.

Ranger REG

Explorer
fusangite said:
Yeah -- I keep showing up hoping someone has scanned the ad. I want to use it as my backdrop. It would be great if it were one of a series-- I'd love to see a series of ads lampooning geek culture. Who knows... maybe this will actually make me buy Dungeon.
Dude, if you bought or received the current issue of Dragon (#335), it's on the inside back cover.

While I'm not offended (as stated in my earlier post), it just wasn't funny enough to split my sides. I was expecting some 40-year-old, 250-lb. guy with five o' clock shadow and wearing his undergarments (white tank top & light blue drawers).

I mean, the guy on the picture look as decent as R.A. Salvatore (no offense intended).

DonTadow

First Post
YOu know what. Now that I think about it more.

I TOO AM OFFENDED. Why is there only a white male in the ad. Are you telling me black men and women don't game. What kind of stereotype is wotc sending. Only White males would be interested in being an elf in their parent's basement with friends. I see now I'll have to call up Jesse so we can boycott Hasbro.

Might call Al too while I"m at it.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
The Persian said:
Contempt and spite.

Well, you've certainly earned that.

I'm with Ralts, TB, and Fusangite on this one. Why find something offensive that other *might* find offensive? Why take that burden upon yourself? Do you just like the attention that you get from going against the grain?

Wait a tick...Nisarg, it that you?

Kane

Crothian

First Post
Well, it got old fast. The big problems with Trolls (and while the role was denied it was reinforced with action) they have no staying power. They have one schtick, and then they nail it into the ground. No orghinality, no creativity. While, in mky day, the trolls were an honorible title that involked great responses of laughter and trickery. Sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads