• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Announces New Chapter for D&D

weem

First Post
WotC came out this morning not with a bang, but with an explosion. As if the announcement of a new edition of D&D were not enough, they seem to have taken this to some other level of madness we have yet to be capable of measuring. I can’t even begin to explain this, but I will simply say that “Cards of Fate” essentially sums it up.

For more, you will have to see the announcement yourself…

WotC Announces New Chapter for D&D

*ahem*
You see the date?
*ahem*

weem

First Post
Free time? Why, yes, I do indeed have a lot of free time.

Oh I am certainly looking forward to having some free time again. For the last month I have been working on this as well as the revamp of my main site (theweem.com), among other things.

Now I get to start working on my next D&D campaign (which is awesome because I have not played in 5 months)!

weem

First Post
I secretly invited a number of people to be involved in this project in various ways - and when I say secretly, I mean, they didn't know about each other. Some knew that there were "a few others" but no one knew specifically who else was involved or how many.

With that said, some of their articles have been going live over the last 2 hours and I thought I would link them...

"The Angry DM" of angrydm.com:
...wrote an "angry" response to the idea of such a game as Dungeons and Warcraft existing, which you can read here...
"Its the End of D&D as We Know It, And I Feel Sick"

"Sarah Darkmagic" of sarahdarkmagic.com:
...wrote up the premise for Candyland as a setting for Dungeons and Warcraft. You can read it here...
"Announcement: New 5e D&D Setting"

"Thadeous" of myrpgame.com:
...wrote an article about getting to playtest the system, and how much he enjoyed a specific aspect of it. You can read it here...
"5th edition Exclusive Preview: City building"

"The Secret DM": of magecrammer.com:
...wrote the following testimonial for the game... "Finally! With all the endless options of an RPG and the stringent restrictions of an MMO, Dungeons & Warcraft is just the game I've been hoping for, and I can't wait to see what the actual play experience is like -- only because so far, every game session I've been in ends before we're finished shuffling all 300 decks"

DumbPaladin

First Post
Oh, April Fools jokes ... you so often you end up being an unbelievable harbinger of things that will actually come to pass ... ;)

Very nice "story", Weem.

Remove ads