• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Announces New Chapter for D&D

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Not that he can't have a negative opinion about my project (he can, and it's valid, etc), but this made me lol - thank you ;)

My problem is that it's not funny. Like it or not, if you strip out the IP and the cliches from this joke you are stuck with a product that can actually sell on it's own merit.

Seriously, step back and look at what you proposed:

A game that:

1 - Uses a random card to deal with action outcomes. - Aces and eights, Dead Lands, and many card games this using mechanic.
2 - A game that proposes how your character will act at certain times. - Isn't this part of every improve game?
3 - A game that uses randomized bonuses based on that the cards you draw. - Gamma World 4e, some products wotc proposed, and basically every collectable card game does this.
4 - Random map generation via cards. - This exists in many tile based board games. Hell, you could potentially base a campaign world based on the tiles you set in Carcassonne. Sure, what you did was reduced it to "Move forwards" but it is still a viable mechanic.

On paper those all look like pretty good concepts, yet you are dissmissing it as a joke because you are only considering the trite "4e is a videogame/4e is becoming a card game/oh noe 5e is coming" cliches.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yeah, this was a lot of fun to be a part of -- thanks, Weem! And I wholeheartedly agree with you about getting some free time again -- putting www.magecrammer.com together over the last few weeks has been physicaly draining.

Worth it, but yeah...EXHAUSTING. Thanks again for your help/support on my end!

Looking forward to next year!

:)

druids of the coast? that is jsut as funny as weems of the ocast.

and this:

# Cram in a Jam - An introductory adventure to the world of Magecrammer™
# Raspberry Jam - A recipe for delicious, homemade raspberry jam

if had not been so late, I would be laughing reeeeeeeealy loud right now!

The Secret DM

First Post
druids of the coast? that is jsut as funny as weems of the ocast.

and this:

# Cram in a Jam - An introductory adventure to the world of Magecrammer™
# Raspberry Jam - A recipe for delicious, homemade raspberry jam

if had not been so late, I would be laughing reeeeeeeealy loud right now!

Thanks so much! And feel free to laugh as loudly as possible tomorrow! My website can wait! ;)

Remove ads