WotC April Fool's Articles discussion

Agamon

Adventurer
Kamikaze Midget said:
Creatures that Cannot Be are always very cool. A perfect example of when DMs should bend or break the rules for awesome's sake.

I like the Nymph Lich and her hot decaying undead body. :)

rowport

First Post
Razz said:
The Avenger makes no sense. Well, it does, but there's nothing unique about it. I was kinda hoping for something unique with its class abilities. It's the exact same thing with the Assassin except for the prerequisites (which is the same except for two things) and the text.

The joke is definitely on us. We got something we could've done ourselves in, like, 2 minutes.
I laughed when I saw it, because I used it already for my Ravenloft game. I just called it "Holy Assassin" instead of "Avenger". Funny. :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Avenger is way better than Holy Slayer of Domiel.

Head of Vecna, I'm using on some newbies. Let's see if they'll truly want the powers of Vecna. ;) It's a very useable article.

And of course the elite opponents look great.

DonTadow

First Post
Razz said:
The Avenger makes no sense. Well, it does, but there's nothing unique about it. I was kinda hoping for something unique with its class abilities. It's the exact same thing with the Assassin except for the prerequisites (which is the same except for two things) and the text.

The joke is definitely on us. We got something we could've done ourselves in, like, 2 minutes.
It's a reprint of the assassin with a color swap. Just more fodder for players who want to play an assassin.

Remove ads