• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Boards back up

Paradox

First Post
So, you can all stop worrying. :D

However, it should be noted that rather than have the boards down all weekend, it is back up with a few problems. Primarily with the some of the links between boards. The easiest way to access everything is go to www.wizards.com/boards and go to the forums from there. (Some were worried, and some happy, when they got a message that the FR boards were gone. They're not. They're still there.)

Carry on!

Undead Pete

First Post
YIPPEE!

Now I can check out all the posts from the hordes of paranoid delusional Chicken Littles who think that the recent layoffs are the end of D&D!!

:rolleyes:

I'll stick to ENWorld. I'm familiar with the psychoses of the locals (including mine).

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Undead Pete said:
YIPPEE!

Now I can check out all the posts from the hordes paranoid delusional Chicken Littles who think that the recent layoffs are the end of D&D!!

:rolleyes:

I'll stick to ENWorld.

You can check out the same threads here Pete. :D If ya missed them this time, just wait for the next round of layoffs at WotC. All the doomsayers will return.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Grazzt said:

You can check out the same threads here Pete. :D If ya missed them this time, just wait for the next round of layoffs at WotC. All the doomsayers will return.
There are a couple still going strong, I believe... :p

Knight Otu

First Post
Darkness said:
There are a couple still going strong, I believe... :p
I almost have the feeling that there are more threads about that an the WotC boards. Of course, that might be because the threads over there are spread over countless forums. :p

Acmite

First Post
I find it disappointing that Wizards feels the need to shut down the boards everytime there is a major corporate announcement.

They should take advantage of the boards and use them to dispense official information and clarifications. This way, there would be less rampant speculation across all the fan and news sites.

Oh, and Farscape has been suddenly cancelled and we need everyone's help to save it. Please see my SIG for all the details.

:D

chatdemon

First Post
Acmite said:
I find it disappointing that Wizards feels the need to shut down the boards everytime there is a major corporate announcement.

They should take advantage of the boards and use them to dispense official information and clarifications. This way, there would be less rampant speculation across all the fan and news sites.

I'm just fearing the flood of wotc board junkies to the other sites around the net when hasbro decides it is no longer worth it to pay the employees and staff responsible for hosting their boards and chat.

God help us.

Acmite

First Post
No kidding, chat. The last thing these boards need is more |337 speak and "Rangers got the shaft" "Help me make my character" threads.

Paradox

First Post
FYI, the boards were NOT down for the announcement. It was an upgrade that had been in the planning for some time.

Sometimes the timing of it doesn't work out.

Acmite

First Post
Thanks for the clarification, Paradox.

I think you can understand the conspiracy theory, though, since the last time there were layoffs the boards also went down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads