• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC CB Multiclass Feat Issues

MrGrenadine

Explorer
I haven't seen anyone else mention this particular problem with the CB, and I haven't found it in the "known bugs" doc on the WotC site, so I thought I'd send up a flare here and see if anyone can give me any insight:

I'm trying to recreate my Cleric/MC Fighter in the CB, but can't seem to get the power swap feats (Novice, Acolyte and Adept Power) to work.

I can choose the feats, no problem, and get the added box to choose the Cleric power that I want to swap. Then, when I return to the Powers tab, I have the option to add a Fighter power, and when I click on it, I get a drop down list of Fighter powers to choose from--so far, so good.

The problem is that when I actually pick a Fighter power, the CB grays out for a couple seconds as if its loading the power, but when it comes back, nothing has happened--I still have the "Choose" box.

I'm running the CB on a Mac, and have tried using the feats multiple times with both Safari and Firefox.

Also, I've deleted the feats and re-loaded them a couple times, to no effect.

The issue MAY be that I've chosen two MC fighter feats, so my questions are:

Has anyone else had any problems with multiple MC feats?

Has anyone been able to get the power swap feats to work?​

Thanks!

Nyronus

First Post
I haven't seen anyone else mention this particular problem with the CB, and I haven't found it in the "known bugs" doc on the WotC site, so I thought I'd send up a flare here and see if anyone can give me any insight:

I'm trying to recreate my Cleric/MC Fighter in the CB, but can't seem to get the power swap feats (Novice, Acolyte and Adept Power) to work.

I can choose the feats, no problem, and get the added box to choose the Cleric power that I want to swap. Then, when I return to the Powers tab, I have the option to add a Fighter power, and when I click on it, I get a drop down list of Fighter powers to choose from--so far, so good.

The problem is that when I actually pick a Fighter power, the CB grays out for a couple seconds as if its loading the power, but when it comes back, nothing has happened--I still have the "Choose" box.

I'm running the CB on a Mac, and have tried using the feats multiple times with both Safari and Firefox.

Also, I've deleted the feats and re-loaded them a couple times, to no effect.

The issue MAY be that I've chosen two MC fighter feats, so my questions are:
Has anyone else had any problems with multiple MC feats?

Has anyone been able to get the power swap feats to work?​
Thanks!

Hybrid Fighter|Paladin multi-classing into Barbarian. Having the same issue when trying to take Storm of Blades.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I still can't figure out how to get a single-handed versatile weapon like the bastard sword equipped in two hands instead of one.

There are a lot of issues with the builder that aren't listed on the known issues list. I wish WotC would post a more comprehensive list of known issues and then start annotating it when they fix one of them. Right now its really frustrating to use the new builder with all the issues but if I could at least see some evidence of progress than it would help restore some of my confidence that WotC is at least working on addressing the issues.

Last edited:

Superking

Explorer
Question for group....

Have any of the original bugs been fixed yet? Are they doing this on the fly or will they do a batch of fixes and let everyone know when the bugs are corrected?

Obryn

Hero
Yeah, I started a thread on this a while ago. The swap feats aren't working, but they apparently were for a short time...
I couldn't use the power-swap feat for Lotulis Novice, either. Didn't seem to work.

I wasn't surprised, given that power-swap feats were iffy in the original CB, too, but if it's a more widespread problem...

-O

Obryn

Hero
Question for group....

Have any of the original bugs been fixed yet? Are they doing this on the fly or will they do a batch of fixes and let everyone know when the bugs are corrected?
Almost every bug I've seen from the start is still there.

For example, if you create a Mage, you can't pick non-Essentials at-wills. Kinda bones the Pyromancer I've been trying to put together. :)

-O

Lord Ernie

First Post
Almost every bug I've seen from the start is still there.

For example, if you create a Mage, you can't pick non-Essentials at-wills. Kinda bones the Pyromancer I've been trying to put together. :)

-O
There's a trick from the WotC forums to get around this particular bug. I don't remember exactly where I found it, but I believe it entailed directly logging into vecna.wizards.com, copying the contents for your mage using the 'debug' window and saving him to a .dnd4e file using a text-editor, making a wizard with the at-wills you want, copying those at-wills into the mage .dnd4e file, and then importing that file into the CB. It'll be houseruled, but it should work.

Similarly, the Power Swap feat problem can be worked around using the old CB, by importing an existing character with the MC feat and the power swap choices you want. It'll even show up as legal.

Caerin

First Post
Question for group....

They updated the client to try to fix some of the bugs a few days ago, but that hotfix ended up breaking the CB for a lot of people, so they rolled it back to the initial release version. Now they appear to be working on fixing the server issues, and then they're supposed to go back to bug releases once that's done. That's the last I've seen on the WotC forums, anyway.

I expect that WotC_Trevor will announce in the DDi Character Builder forum when the CB is updated.

MrGrenadine

Explorer
Similarly, the Power Swap feat problem can be worked around using the old CB, by importing an existing character with the MC feat and the power swap choices you want. It'll even show up as legal.

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, I'm a Mac user--no access to the old CB.

Sad really. I was so excited to finally use the CB, but now it kinda feels like I got a cool toy for Christmas, but no batteries for it. I know I'll get the batteries eventually, but for now, all I can do is look wistfully at my cool toy and wait.

Remove ads