• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC D&D Community Update

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

49B06082-2058-4816-8C3D-69AA4A9CF07B.png

darjr

I crit!
Not by words either. By action. Changing how they do things with community outreach, going from a stated policy of revoking the OGL 1.0a to implementing a Creative Commons license. By spending who knows how much to fly out, feed, and house possibly dozens of creators and influencers, many who are not their fans.

And yes, they absolutely changed policy, even stating on DnDBeyond that the OGL 1.0a was coming to an end.

darjr

I crit!
And they not only changed their minds, they are going above and beyond by opening up even further.

I think this whole chain belongs on the other forum.
I agree with the first but I can’t change the second cause it’s on the front page. Maybe Russ can.

Oofta

Legend
nobody is asking you to be, you are the one who wants to convince others that nothing happened (or you could stop posting that everywhere it maybe fits)
I never said nothing happened, just that the policy changes [to restrict the OGL] were ever implemented.

That, and discussion of the OGL belongs on the other forum.

mamba

Legend
I never said nothing happened, just that the policy changes [to restrict the OGL] were ever implemented.
fine, that all they did was think about it, my point that no one asks you to be upset (and you are the one trying to convince others) still stands

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads