WotC feat that can increase armored movement?

javcs

First Post
Everybody else in heavy armor goes slower too, 'cept dwarves, so anything that works for them should work for you, boots of speed, boots of striding and springing as mentioned earlier, haste, other speed enhancing effects.

BTW, IIRC, barbarians get their speed boost in light or medium armor only. As do most other class-based speed enhancements, 'cept for the ones who need light/no armor, or no armor.

You could just bypass the whole speed problem by being mounted, then you don't really need to worry about your speed too much, but then you'd need to spend ranks and feats on mounted combat.

irdeggman

First Post
wayne62682 said:
Take a level of Barbarian.. fast movement will offset the Adamatine Body. Sketchy rule, but IIRC Races of Eberron specifically mentions it.

Yeah but it is also totally illegal.

The color text under Warforged talks about the combination but the feat description states

"you are considered to be wearing heavy armor" Very specific statement leaving nothing to interpretation IMO.

From the SRD

Fast Movement (Ex): A barbarian’s land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Again very specific leaving nothing to interpretation.

IMO the writers of the color text didn't catch the part about considered to be wearing heavy armor and were going with the standard warforged armor which counts as light armor.

But regardless color text can fill gaps but it can't trump rules text.

wayne62682

First Post
Interesting.. I must have overlooked that and just assumed they knew what they were talking about.. wish I had known that when I ran a small Eberron campaign.. player of mine did that :)

R-Hero

Explorer
There is a divine feat that adds temp hit points and +10 to movement. Divine Vigor in one of the Complete books. (CW or CD i think)

You have to have Turning Attempts to make them work tho'

(Forgive me if this sounds stupid, Never played Ebberon myself, don't know much about the Warforge)

Glyfair

Explorer
irdeggman said:
IMO the writers of the color text didn't catch the part about considered to be wearing heavy armor and were going with the standard warforged armor which counts as light armor..
Actually, standard armor doesn't count as any armor. You can be a warforged monk and still get the armor bonus (just don't take most of the warforged armored body feats).

irdeggman

First Post
Glyfair said:
Actually, standard armor doesn't count as any armor. You can be a warforged monk and still get the armor bonus (just don't take most of the warforged armored body feats).

You are correct sir. :)

The text says they get an ASF chance of 5% "similar to the penalty for wearing light armor". But it doesn't say it is like or the same as wearing light armor.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Thanks all! I'm making a Warforged Warblade from Tome of Battle and will offset my movement loss by taking the Absolute Steel Stance from that book. It grants me +10ft of movement.

Remove ads