D&D (2024) WotC Fireside Chat: Revised 2024 Player’s Handbook

Book is near-final and includes psionic subclasses, and illustrations of named spell creators.

IMG_3405.jpeg

In this video about the upcoming revised Player’s Handnook, WotC’s Jeremy Crawford and Chris Perkins reveal a few new tidbits.
  • The books are near final and almost ready to go to print
  • Psionic subclasses such as the Soulknife and Psi Warrior will appear in the core books
  • Named spells have art depicting their creators.
  • There are new species in the PHB.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Although some of these are welcome changes, they are still not enough to make me go forward with D&D 5.5 when I already have D&D 5e.
& agree & It's tea leaf reading, but I'd like to think that the comment Krannik(?) ended the video on about how they are going to talk about the phb for hours is an effort to suggest that wotc knows that problem exists & needs work on their part to correct.

Clint_L

Hero
All Psi subclasses are coming forward into core 2024
Ewww.
Illustrations of spells will include those who created named spells.
Cool.
Art for species will share them in groups in their typical pre-adventuring scenes
Cool.
Internal playtest continued after the UA
Obviously.
They are in pre-print which is near final
Great!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
For those who need a TLDR, here is the blackbox AI summary of the video.

Thank you for this.

• People will find guidance on illusion that wasn't there before, and basic things like breaking an object now have clear instructions.
This is something I asked for repeatedly in the feedback. I am so pleased.
  • The S Warrior has been added to the players handbook, giving the psionic sorcerer and the great old one warlock some more psiionic friends.
I'm less excited by Psi Warrior than I would be by Rune Knight, but including the Psi Warroior and the Soulknife are great additions.

All in all, good news!

Remove ads

Remove ads