• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC forum issues?

I suddenly can't seem to sign in to the WotC forums. It tells me I'm entering an invalid username and/or password, but I know that I'm not. :\

Anyone else having such a problem?

Dragon Snack

First Post
Gleemax IS taking over, I got in and saw this post...

We're in the process of transitioning to a new system with the Gleemax rollout planned for GenCon, and part of that process is incorporating a single sign-on among all community features, including the forums.

Three main things you may have noticed:

1. The new domain name for ALL forums is "forums.gleemax.com," rather than "boards1.wizards.com." This change is transparent -- every boards1. URL has been redirected to the new forums.gleemax.com URL automatically. Your old bookmarks will still work, as will links to and from the forums.

2. If you were logged in on boards1.wizards.com, you'll note a screen that says "Thanks for logging in, {you}!" again when you first load up the new forums.gleemax.com. The cookie that the forums use to remember you only works for one domain (previously boards1.wizards.com) and needs to be carried over to the new domain. I wrote a simple script to do this, and the display message you see is the result of that carried-over login process. Please let me know via email (dave.guskin@wizards.com) if you experience problems with this process.

3. We've disabled the "remember me" functionality for login, so now the forums only remember that you are logged in for the duration of the session. This change is unfortunate but a necessity in the short term as we transition to the new single sign-on system. Thanks for your patience!

Dave G.

Wizards Web Developer

Yeah...

Zeit

Explorer
I can login, but it logs me out at random times.
I guess the sudden takeover really takes the cake and I'm out of there.

Glyfair

Explorer
Zeit said:
I can login, but it logs me out at random times.
I guess the sudden takeover really takes the cake and I'm out of there.

It's become annoying having to log back in if I haven't been there in the last half hour or so. This is certainly going to cut down the amount I visit there.

I'd stop completely, but the Eberron forum isn't bad (only one really annoying regular poster). Plus, there really isn't a good place to discuss Eberron besides there. Worlds of DnD has a good forum, but far too little traffic.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Glyfair said:
It's become annoying having to log back in if I haven't been there in the last half hour or so. This is certainly going to cut down the amount I visit there.

As I read it, this is only going to occur during the transition. Hopefully, within a few days, it will go back to behaving normally.

Remove ads