• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC has a sense of humor!!

Treebore

First Post
I noticed earlier to day that the a subheader under the WOTC logo on one of their boards said something like "under evaluation for humor".

Now I see this:

"Where the trolls do more than impede goats"

I love it!

:lol: :cool:

Navior

First Post
Yeah, it changes regularly. The other day, I saw it say, "Not to be confused with Prestidigitators of the Pacific". I just checked it now, and it says, "We'll be your girlfriend."

orsal

LEW Judge
Navior said:
Yeah, it changes regularly. The other day, I saw it say, "Not to be confused with Prestidigitators of the Pacific". I just checked it now, and it says, "We'll be your girlfriend."

It changes every time you load the page -- try refreshing the page a few times to see some of the slogans they've got. Yes, they not only have a sense of humour, but self-deprecating humour at that.

Destil

Explorer
It's random. Try reloading a few times.

"The world leader in hobby gaming."

"Our elves outperform Santa's every Q4."

"Banned from posting for 511,592 hr and 21 min"

"Insert corporate tagline here."

"You're our primary and secondary demographic."

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

"They made us take our other taglines down."

Nyeshet

First Post
You do know that this feature has existed for at least half a year if not longer, right? About a half to year ago - when WotC last made a major update to their website - there was a long thread on these boards detailing at least 40 different tag-lines that were noticed in the first day or three of the new WotC website setup.

Treebore

First Post
Nyeshet said:
You do know that this feature has existed for at least half a year if not longer, right? About a half to year ago - when WotC last made a major update to their website - there was a long thread on these boards detailing at least 40 different tag-lines that were noticed in the first day or three of the new WotC website setup.

Nope. I hardly ever went to the WOTC boards until they announced 4E, and I sure didn't take the time to read the little blurbs when I did, because I knew where I was going.

Still a cool humor element.

Odhanan

Adventurer
"We're all rocket scientists here."

"The Land of Do As You Please."

"Ask us about our spell failure guarantee."

"Chaotic neutral means never having to say you're sorry."

"Someone will put a stop to this eventually."

"Not to be confused with Prestidigitators of the Pacific"

"Sponsored by secret dragonic conspiracies"

"Tappers of untapped resources"

"No, really, we want to hear about your character."