• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC just mailed out VILLAGE OF HOMMLET 4E..got mine

Darkwolf71

First Post
Will VOH be available for purchase otherwise? This is the first WOTC product since the core books that I consider a must-have (and will buy).

So, the one WoTC 'adventure' that I'd even consider buying, I can't? (Actually, I don't give a fig about the adventure, I only want the village.)

My thoughts exactly.

All of this.

I have given up on 4E, unless I decide to run some Wrath Recon stuff or the much anticipated Final Fantasy Zero. But this I would dearly love to have. :.-(

Haven't Europeans gotten all of the WotC 4E books at least a week earlier than they were sold in the U.S.? I know that's been the case in Japan--and possibly New Zealand, right Mr. 1.9pants?

In the UK we usually get everything last (even after France) and pay the most for it. We don't call it rip-off Britain for nothing.

(And it smells - but that could just be me.)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
A. Head to www.wizards.com/rpga/rewards This page outlines the program’s benefits and the specifics for earning rewards, and provides you with a link to sign up if you’re not already a member of the DM Rewards program.
When following the link, I could only find an option to join a D&D Player Rewards program. I'm a bit unclear if this is something separate from the DM Rewards. BTW, I took some time ago the 4th edition D&D herald test, if that makes any difference.

Holy Smokes

First Post
This sounds really cool.

I'd love to hear some details from someone who has this. Key questions for me...
1. Its a pretty dark twilight landscape of the village rooftops and upper stories, credited to Rob Alexander.

2. 24 pages, B&W interior booklet. Card stock cover (color outside, B&W inside) with an excellent map of Hommlet and complete 3 story layout of the inn. Plus a color foldout encounter poster map; main floor of the Inn of the Welcome Wench on one side, the ground level of the Moathouse on the other.

3. Don't have the original handy, but the moathouse dungeon seems to be very, very gygaxian. In general, the module seems to draw exclusively from the 1st Edition sources.

4. Hopefully, someone with better access to the original (and/or memory) can address easter eggs! :)

5. The original Greyhawk geographic references are all here, including an environs map with Nulb, the ToEE, and an arrow for Verbobonc. Looks pretty much as I remember it.

6. Rufus and Burne are here with the Badgers in their tower, and have a minor quest for the PCs, Rufus can perform rituals for a price, etc.

7. The Moathouse + dungeon is included, and looks like the original off the top of my head. This really looks like an updated 1st Edition adventure.

8. No grells or obelisks, but the various incarnations of Lareth and the Moathouse are addressed, and very brief suggestions are provided to use various backstories, including Lolth, Tharizdun, etc.

9. No Paddy Bristerbuck, instead we are regaled with tales of Andy's original middle school campaign. ;)

10. Interior art includes some Trampier originals! :cool:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
When following the link, I could only find an option to join a D&D Player Rewards program. I'm a bit unclear if this is something separate from the DM Rewards. BTW, I took some time ago the 4th edition D&D herald test, if that makes any difference.

That is the right link and just listed under the older program .I will make sure they fix that to reflect it is now called DM rewards

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mandor

First Post
I'd love to hear some details from someone who has this. Key questions for me:

1. The cover is a picture of the rooftops of Hommlet at night.

2. 24 pages B&W, 2 of which are maps. Maps on the inside of the front and back covers.

3. Maps look like 1e, with some small changes.

4. No easter eggs I noticed.

5. Greyhawk is mentioned. Pelor and Avandra are the gods mentioned.

6. Rufus and Burne are mentioned as retired adventurers, but no details. Info on Hommlet is kind of sparse.

7. The moathouse is the main adventure (page 8 on). Basically the same inhabitants as the original version. The huge spider was replaced with a Rage Drake. No green slime.

8. No mention of the temple of Tharizdun. It's a conversion of the 1e adventure.

9. No info on Paddy Bristerbuck. Andy Collins did the conversion of the module.

10. Saving the best for last... included with the adventure is a full size color map with the moathouse on one side and the ground level of the Inn of the Welcome Wench on the other side. VERY nice.

I ran my group through ToEE using 3.5 so I have no interest in the 4e version of the module. But the map is so nice, I may keep it.

Avin...

This has nothing to do with points.

Just update your address online and you'll get this. You can still do so apparently, and still get it.

Enjoy the module!

Remove ads