• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Miniatures Storage?

Wolffenjugend

First Post
How do you store your WotC minis? I realize they're easy to fix when they bend, but I just can't see myself dumping a couple hundred minis in a box...

erian_7

First Post
I keep them in thematic ziplock bags (i.e. goblinoids, along with their worg, barghest, and wolf allies; orcs; dragons and dragonkin; undead; outsiders; etc.). This lets me find the minis I need for a game quickly, and I can easily find related minis. The one "grab bag" I have is the Monsters bag. It has "everything else" that doesn't fit into a broad group. So it holds the minotaurs, carrion crawlers, chitine, etc.

Works pretty well so far...

Eric

Meladorn

First Post
I've seen basic/cheap fishing tackle boxes used to great effect. The multiple compartments are especially handy for sorting different types of miniatures. A number of boxes can be used in this way, each with a theme (Goblins, Humans, Animals, Dragon's etc) depending on how many miniatues you own.

Disclaimer*- The use of a tackle box that has already been used to house real lures/worms is ill advised.

eryndel

Explorer
I've got mine in this little compartmentalized box I picked up at the local store. It's similar to a tackle box but I think was geared more to holding fuse and screws and little hardware bits. It's about the size of a notebook and has maybe 80 compartments in it. So far we're only now starting to run out of room after 1 entry and 15 boosters (about).

Only problem is my 3 yr old can't get into it. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but really, they are more his than mine. I just like the feel of seeing what I've got, and then he can run along and play "corridors". :D

Werner

myorke

First Post
Two words: Tiered Shelving.

I've gone overboard and dedicated a shelf per series on a bookcase in my gaming room. I had some left over shelf boards, so I ran them through a table saw at 1/3 width, placing the resulting pieces on top of an intact shelf to make a 3 tier shelf. Commons in front, uncommons in the middle and rares in the back. Makes them easy to see and easy to find.

You can see my setup here: http://www.mytechdept.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21

Let me know what you think!

Oh yeah, my doubles are stored by series in shoeboxes before I put them up for sale on ebay or find I need them for the game I DM.

Last edited:

myorke

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
I bought a Battlehive. A little pricy, but very nice.

I'm curious as I was considering buying one myself until I became the host of our group... how many minis can you fit in it? Can you properly fit one series (60-80) per case?

pogre

Legend
I'm surprised by this question: Does the paint on the new miniatures chip? I thought one of the advantages of cheap plastic minis is transportability.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
myorke said:
I'm curious as I was considering buying one myself until I became the host of our group... how many minis can you fit in it? Can you properly fit one series (60-80) per case?

It depends. The foam inserts are customizable. I'd say you could get 150 minis in it without much trouble.

I used the thin foam pieces for the minis I'm likely to use soon. For the thicker pieces, I use those for large minis and I made a large section that I just dumb the rest of my minis in that I don't intend to use in the near future.

It also has room for books if you remove some of the foam and the little tray that comes with it is very handy as well. I just wish my Tact-Tiles would fit in it. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads