• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC: Mistress of Pain submissons, who's trying?

Cevalic

First Post
Is anyone out there going to be sending a story in? I'm sure that there are a lot of people that will try, but I'm doubting there will be as many proposals as the new world but you never know. Also, did anyone see if you could enter more than one proposal or not? I sometimes tend to skip over things like that, but after reviewing I don't see it mentioned.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Cevalic said:
Is anyone out there going to be sending a story in? I'm sure that there are a lot of people that will try, but I'm doubting there will be as many proposals as the new world but you never know. Also, did anyone see if you could enter more than one proposal or not? I sometimes tend to skip over things like that, but after reviewing I don't see it mentioned.

Did I miss something? Where did this come from?

Cevalic

First Post
It's in today's news. The last item talks about the open call for an author for a new series of books set in forgotten realms.

Samothdm

First Post
Enkhidu, click here

Cevalic, from the post in question:
Flooding us with submissions will not help-please send us only your best proposal.

I strongly urge you to read through the entire post as they give very specific "rules" about types of monsters, gods, and countries NOT to use in the proposal and will automatically disqualify any proposals that don't conform to those restrictions.

Cevalic

First Post
I've reread it now. I wasn't intending to throw in a lot of proposals, I'm not sure if I'll put one in, but I was curious just because I figured that I missed it.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
You know, I don't know a thing about the Realms -- except that it seems like the dullest setting imaginable -- but I just might submit to this.

Must be the "Mistress of Pain" title. Now there's a concept I can really get behind.

Where did Loviatar come from, originally? Wasn't she something other than an FR goddess at one point? Seems to me I recall the name, though to my knowledge I've not seen the inside of any FR books...

Mistress of Pain. Yummy.

Note to self: Must kick Dominatrix fetish

Napftor

Explorer
I don't know what Wizards is up to, but I'm definitely jumping on it. I've kicked myself for not enetering the setting search, but novels are right up my alley. I can't wait to get knee-deep in the cool ideas phase of the writing process. Good luck to all other writers!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
barsoomcore said:
Where did Loviatar come from, originally? Wasn't she something other than an FR goddess at one point? Seems to me I recall the name, though to my knowledge I've not seen the inside of any FR books...

She was in the original Deities & Demigolds. Finnish mythos, I think.

Remove ads