• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC needs an Elon Musk

Status
Not open for further replies.

According the reports I have read Elon Musk is a double or triple agent allied with the G.I.Joe. These have discovered the bosses of important megacorporations have had done dark deals with decepticons and other alien invaders of the outer space. Then those megacorporations will suffer a serious purge, and they will be acquired by Elon Musk.

Then one day Hasbro will discover Disney and Warner Discovery will be owned by Elon Musk and if they want a deal about the licences for the toys of superheroes...

* Disclaimer: of course I was kidding!

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Okay? Does that mean I shouldn't advocate for more options?
By all means, advocate away. Just don't get yer hopes up. :)
The default can "choose one of these". That is still a default.
Not quite. A default is what you fall back to if you don't want to choose or can't be bothered to. If there's a "choice of defaults" that's not a default, as it still forces you to choose.
Confuse what issue? That as the DMG says it is all a theoritical construct? That there are multiple models? That they then don't provide anything for those other models, just present one of them as though it were true for all three?

They are already causing confusion.

I'd honestly be less frustrated if they just said they were doing the Great Wheel, that the Great Wheel was true, and were honest about it. But instead they are trying to act like they gave us options, while making only one version true.
Not having read everything word for word, I could be wrong; but the impression I get is they're saying (in paraphrase) "Here's the cosmology we're using for this game, and here's some examples of some others you can go look up yourself if you don't like this one." Seems fine from here.
Why would you have a seperate guide to world-building outside of the DMG which should be the guide to world-building?
First and foremost the DMG is and always had been the guide to actually running the game, and has to keep that as its primary element. If you put a proper guide to worldbuilding in there as well it'd get bigger and heavier than most people would want to carry around.

Worldbuilding guide should be its own book.

glass

(he, him)
Yes, the settings in the edition. Just like how 4th edition had the world axis and didn't worry about the great wheel, instead tying the settings to the new cosmology for the edition.
Forgotten Realms got move to the World Axis. Eberron kept its own cosmology (with the addition of Baator for some bizarre reason). Not sure what 4e Dark Sun said about cosmology, but since being cut off is a big part of its shtick, it does not matter too much which cosmology it is cut off from.

EDIT: They did group Eberron's planes into "above" and "below" (and "between") and made the diagramme look more like the World Axis one, but that did not really change anything. Apart from the aforementioned addition of Baator, the planes themselves are the same, and the new categories do not actually do anything AFAICT.

Last edited:

WotC needs a hero
Holding out for a hero til the end of the night...

---

Maybe I have read too many conspirancy theories but I suspect part of Elon Musk's strategy is more focused into social and cultural impact than economic targets. If those theories have got some piece of truth, then some big fishes of the economy are going to fall by fault of certain scandals or shady affairs. Then Elon Musk, or one of his allies, will buy the "remains of the wreck". This may be important if these companies have got some partnership or deal with Hasbro.

Zardnaar

Legend
Forgotten Realms got move to the World Axis. Eberron kept its own cosmology (with the addition of Baator for some bizarre reason). Not sure what Dark Sun said about cosmology, but since being cut off is a big part of its shtick, it does not matter too much which cosmology it is cut off from.

EDIT: They did group Eberron's planes into "above" and "below" (and "between") and made the diagramme look more like the World Axis one, but that did not really change anything. Apart from the aforementioned addition of Baator, the planes themselves are the same, and the new categories do not actually do anything AFAICT.

Darksun had its own cosmology but it was theoretically possible to reach the the great wheel via dimensional vs planar travel.

Kinda retconned in Planescape material though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads