• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC PrC Book?

Numion

First Post
Peter Kim, who is somekind of boss at WotC said this on the WotC boards:

"1.planning on releasing lots of class accessories?"
"Well Masters of the Wild is the last one for a while, we have an awesome Prestige Classes book in the works."

Has anyone else heard about this?

If the PrCs are any good, I'm intrested. Even though we already have gazillion PrCs already :)

You can find the original thread at Meta on WotC D&D boards.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
::shrug::

PrC's are good, but they've been blown out of proportion, recently. There's a PrC for every little thing. It's ludicrous.

That said, it's a WotC book, so I might have to buy it, against my better judgement. ^_^

Crothian

First Post
Prestige classes are hit and miss. I think they could do a good job at it as I think Wizards have put out some of the best Pr Classes. However, a whole book on them might be overkill as we already have too many prestige classes and at most I've seen 2 prestige classes on a singal character.

mkletch

First Post
That's the point...

Kamikaze Midget said:
::shrug::

PrC's are good, but they've been blown out of proportion, recently. There's a PrC for every little thing. It's ludicrous.

The whole point of PrCs is that they are highly customizable. Take for example the Harpers from the Forgotten Realms. Between the books already released, there are something like 4-5 PrCs that members can choose.

That is the purpose of PrCs: put into game mechanics the different variations and weirdness perticular to every organization in your campaign world. Looking at all of the splatbooks, those are the PrCs for the default Greyhawk organizations and affilations.

The problem with PrCs, though, is balance, and without a guide from WotC on creating and balancing PrCs, there is too much effort and too much risk for a DM to create PrCs for his/her campaign world. I am hoping that this 'PrC Book' will include such guidelines and make PrCs a viable campaign- and world-building tool.

-Fletch!

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I think it would be cool if each Prestige Class was from an organization. Then the organization was written up. Make it a little meatier than just a collection of stats.

Bozo

First Post
Lets cut to the chase here

We don't need a book loaded with clases someone else came up with. As players we want to make our own characters why can't we make our own PrC's? Well, we can but not "officailly" Why don't they put out a book loaded with info on making PrC's? Make a gozillion abilities, give them balancing factors and let the players go at it.

I can finally make my Charie Brown Paladin PrC

He really wants to do good but always mucks it up!:D

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: That's the point...

mkletch said:

The problem with PrCs, though, is balance, and without a guide from WotC on creating and balancing PrCs, there is too much effort and too much risk for a DM to create PrCs for his/her campaign world. I am hoping that this 'PrC Book' will include such guidelines and make PrCs a viable campaign- and world-building tool.

We got such a guide in an early 3e Dragon. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm thinking that it was written by Monte Cook.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Re: Lets cut to the chase here

Bozo said:
We don't need a book loaded with clases someone else came up with. As players we want to make our own characters why can't we make our own PrC's? Well, we can but not "officailly" Why don't they put out a book loaded with info on making PrC's? Make a gozillion abilities, give them balancing factors and let the players go at it.

I can finally make my Charie Brown Paladin PrC

He really wants to do good but always mucks it up!:D

Hopefully when WotC says a Prestige Class books this is exactly what they mean.

Dark Psion

First Post
I'd like to see a book dedicated to Multiclassing and Class Combos, than just more prestige classes.

Showing how to use all of the PRCs in all of the splatbooks would be nice. I like it when they include a sample NPC with the PRC, it keeps the Munchkin population down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads