• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olidammara

First Post
Suppose I've got more than one page of "text" to submit, and I write it really small to fit on one page? That's OK, right?

Last edited:

King_Stannis

Explorer
Re: Morning

Zulkir said:
....Process note - not really important but just so people will know. Our admin process the entries. She makes copies for all of the comittee but the copies have the names covers and replaced with a number. She keep the original which also has the number written on it. All we see is the one page submission with a number. She is also the first hurdle as she has been instructed to set aside any submission that has not followed instructions (so we don't even see it).

Final note for the morning. Typed or word processed entries are the only accepatable entry. If you do not have a typewriter or word processor check your local library or borrower a friends.

AV

p.s. I will be at Origins and GenCon, if you see me feel free to walk up and introduce yourself. I may not be able to spend alot of time chatting (I spend most of the Con's in meetings) but I'm really very approachable.

man, anthony, you are a credit to WotC for your patience in answering all of the questions that have popped up.

thank you.

Olidammara

First Post
re chain yank: Nevermind, Mr. Smartypants.

I'll just post my submission stuff somewhere on this message board and let one of my friends print it out and mail it for me. That should work fine.

Anyone want to help?

Tallow

First Post
Olidammara said:
re chain yank: Nevermind, Mr. Smartypants.

I'll just post my submission stuff somewhere on this message board and let one of my friends print it out and mail it for me. That should work fine.

Anyone want to help?

Hmm... It seems odd to me that you have access to a computer to get online and post on these message boards, yet you don't have one in which you can type a doc/txt file. If you have friends with computers, email them the doc file and let them print it at home.

I mean these questions are akin to... can I write my proposal in pig latin?

Andy

Olidammara

First Post
Tallow said:

Hmm... can I write my proposal in pig latin?

Andy

I don't see much of a reason to do that. Unless it's an integral part of your campaign world. Is it?

(And thank you very much for making a big fuss about my access to a printerless computer where I work. I already felt silly enough for asking the question.)

Tallow

First Post
Olidammara said:

I don't see much of a reason to do that. Unless it's an integral part of your campaign world. Is it?

(And thank you very much for making a big fuss about my access to a printerless computer where I work. I already felt silly enough for asking the question.)

Now you KNOW that wasn't the actual quote dude.

Anyways here are some constructive suggestions.

1) do you have a kinko's in your area? If you have access to a computer, you have access to typing up a text file at the very least, if not a word document. Type it up, save it to a disk. If you don't have a disk, they are like 30 cents each. Take the disk to Kinko's and print up 2 copies for like 2 dollars.

2) do you have access to email? If you have access to the internet you should at the very least be able to set up a yahoo or hotmail address. Type up your text file and email it as an attachment to a friend to print up. Keep in mind though, the signed subission agreement form must have an original signature, so you probably need to do the leg work and find a Kinko's yourself, unless you want to pay your friend to mail the printed out stuff to you 3 day air, so that you can then sign it and turn it around and mail it out again to WotC.

3) If you aren't willing to do a little leg work to make this work, are you willing to pay someone for their trouble? If you aren't willing to do a little leg work, do you really think you'd be willing to take the time necessary to write the 10 page treatment or 100 page bible? If not, why do the 1 page submittal?

Andy Christian

DiamondB

Explorer
Supporter
Okay I don't know if this question was answered anywhere, but I didn't see it in the quick search I made.

One of my team is in Paris and I need to get his signature on a submission form. Will WotC accept faxed signature pages or should I have him get sheet mailed to me asap?

kingpaul

First Post
Re: Morning

Zulkir said:
p.s. I will be at Origins and GenCon, if you see me feel free to walk up and introduce yourself. I may not be able to spend alot of time chatting (I spend most of the Con's in meetings) but I'm really very approachable.
Anthony,

You have just guaranteed yourself to be hunted down by me @ Origins. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads