• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberkitty

First Post
bets

Are we taking bets as to how many submissions Wizards is going to get? (Price Is Right rules--winner is closest without going over?) I volunteer to keep track of who guesses what.

Winner gets ... uh ... a small amount of respect?

Ywain

First Post
Uberkitty,

That would be fun, but start up a new thread for contests. This one is long enough without making it fun.

;)

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Re: bets

uberkitty said:
Are we taking bets as to how many submissions Wizards is going to get? (Price Is Right rules--winner is closest without going over?) I volunteer to keep track of who guesses what.

Winner gets ... uh ... a small amount of respect?

Yeah, but is WOTC keeping track? And if so, are they counting every single submission, or just those that make it to the panel of judges (i.e. not the one being roundfiled)?

Ghostwind

First Post
Number of submissions allowed

To clear up any confusion on the number of submissions you may send to Wotc, here is the text of the reply I received from Don Williams, PR Manager for Wizards of the Coast:

Each person can submit as many proposals as they wish as long as it is one proposal submission form per idea. One envelope per idea.

This should set the record straight and clear up any questions regarding this manner.:)

uberkitty

First Post
hmmm.

I will start a new thread if anyone's actually interested (e-mail me if you are), but that was a good point about whether they're even keeping track. I bet they are (remember that they're assigning a number to each submission, so presumably they're keeping track of the numbers), but they may not ever make the info public.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Iconic vs archetype characters

Ok so we're not supposed to include iconic characters, but instead archetypal. My quetsion is this..is iconic considered saying things like "a human priest, dwarven fighter, elven mage and halfling thief are working to blah blah blah and their mothers blah blah"? So instead I should say things like "new adventurers out to make a buck and see thew orld"?

Orcus

First Post
Oldimmara, please knock it off. Your comments, while possibly funny on other threads, have been universally useless, not funny, and serve to do nothing but confuse people when the whole point of this particular thread is to inform them. Please go be juvenile somewhere else.

Clark

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Orcus said:
Oldimmara, please knock it off. Your comments, while possibly funny on other threads, have been universally useless, not funny, and serve to do nothing but confuse people when the whole point of this particular thread is to inform them. Please go be juvenile somewhere else.

Clark

Well said!!

myrdden

First Post
Orcus said:

Clark

I second the comment.

Myrdden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads