• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashockney

First Post
2 submissions

I've sent in two submissions. One was 750 words, the second was 480 words. I had ideas for four or five worlds, and simply didn't have the time to do them all justice. Kudos to those that made the time to do so!

I also want to thank Zulkir, and the many posters on this thread, for your words of encouragement and advice throughout the process.

I am personally energized by the outcome of this project, and can't wait to see what Wizards, and other gaming companies, will do with such a huge opportunity.

Good luck to everyone!

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Re: Re: Multiple Submissions

Zappo said:
..... if I was a reviewer I would really, really hate anyone who did that. :D

Which is why I sent them in multiple envelopes. :D

Hopefully, they will read about 50 or so entries between each of mine. :)

Hakkenshi

First Post
Exactly

Eventually, I decided that it was probably not worth the effort and that if I was a reviewer I would really, really hate anyone who did that.

That's entirely true. The people reading the submissions aren't stupid. If they see the same setting, same names, same features, but just treated differently, they'll notice and probably won't appreciate it too much. Of course, that's not the case if both your entries go to different judges, but do you want to risk getting eliminated for annoyance factor? :D

Last edited:

MythicJustice

Explorer
Can't find it in the FAQ so...

I havn't seen this question answered in the FAQ or in the thread. Is it ok to put the name of the setting at the top of the page?

-Chad

reddist

First Post
Hey Tallow :)

For someone with such an extraordinarily high opinion of your writing and editing abilities, you've used the #word "alot" at least three times in the last two or three posts:) Its "a lot," two words, dude:)

Note that the extensive use of the :)s indicates light-hearted teasing....

-Reddist

Tallow

First Post
Re: Hey Tallow :)

reddist said:
For someone with such an extraordinarily high opinion of your writing and editing abilities, you've used the #word "alot" at least three times in the last two or three posts:) Its "a lot," two words, dude:)

Note that the extensive use of the :)s indicates light-hearted teasing....

-Reddist

<CHUCKLE> Touche... FYI, when I write to message boards and chat rooms, I often type as I think. The use of alot is just because that's how my mind processes it into text. When I edit and spell-check I do change those little idiosyncracies of mine.

But anyway, good point.

Andy Christian

uberkitty

First Post
Re: Exactly

Hakkenshi said:

Of course, that's not the case if both your entries go to different judges, but do you want to risk getting eliminated for annoyance factor? :D

How many judges see each proposal, I wonder? At some point, AV mentioned copies being made of each proposal which get put in binders for the judges. The impression I got was that each judge gets a binder (or many, many binders) containing the same proposals all the other judges get. I can't imagine that they have the time for every judge to see every proposal, though. So how does it work? AV, can you answer this?

seasong

First Post
Originally posted by Tallow
Very true! I agree with you completely on this one. But I will go one step further. I am not so sure that they are looking for Athas or Ravenloft (in the context of marketability and scope of the world in what is available for the average consumer). Athas and Ravenloft, while very interesting and intriguing, were rather one, maybe two dimensional on the story lines available.

Hm. Unfortunately, the specific points I want to bring up, are the point specific to my submission. :(

I'll try it this way: a world which provides a structure for a lot of options, does not have to include more than a smattering of those options to show how the structure works.

Actually, I could summarize Forgotten Realms in about 400 words, no problem. The wonderful thing about FR isn't the Wizards of Thay or any specific place, it's the fact that you can easily insert anything you want into the background setting.

Forgive me if someone's already answered this, but what if I accidentily put the Submission agreement at the bottom instead of at the top? I'm honestly not sure whether I put it at the top or bottom. Is that relevant? Will I be disqualified for putting it at the bottom, even though I've written it properly, signed everything, have my cover letter and all that?

If the Submission Agreement is at the bottom, am I DOOMED?

Anyone know? :confused:

Dr. Harry

First Post
Zulkir said:

We are okay with that as well, we're big on religous tolerance.

AV

As long as the Blood Rites to the Elder gods use the d20 version of the CoC rules ... (joke)

My wife and I each sent ours out Wednesday, she was at about 400 words, and I was at 480. I chose now to register because I found out about the contest on Enworkd, so I wanted to contribute to the count. Going through the boards (36 pages when I found them) was invaluable.

Hmmm... almost 4:30 here, I just had an image of someone desperately driving west to a time zone with open post offices ... to mail in their six-page submission.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads