WotC WotC sells over 50k TSR classic titles over 9 years in Washington State alone, 2000 Star Frontiers over the past five.

darjr

I crit!
David Flor @DLIMedia has an interesting bit of sales figures from the WotC vs NuTSR case.

WotC sold over 50k TSR classic tittles over 9 years in Washington St alone, 2000 Star Frontiers over the past five.

3A437796-A9A4-4834-ADFA-49D494B566C0.png

OneBookShelf has provided me with information regarding D&D Classics sales

in Washington. OneBookShelf has location data for sales where a customer uses a payment mechanism that includes their address, or, in the case of print-on-demand orders, provides a delivery address. Based on this location sales data, OneBookShelf has sold more than 50.000 units of D&D Classics titles using the TSR Mark in Washington since 2013. This includes various Star Frontiers titles, which bear both the TSR Mark and the Star Frontiers Mark. For example, OneBookShelf has sold nearly 2,000 units of Star Frontiers Alpha Dawn into

Washington since 2017, with sales occurring in each year from 2017 through 2022

Last edited:

Omand

Hero
That is pretty big.

If I had been guessing, I would likely have guessed 2 - 4 000 copies of Star Frontiers as PDFs for all of the USA over the past five years.

I mean, I liked it back in the 80s when I tried it, but it is a dead game and not nearly as popular as AD&D (even back in the 80s it was easier to get people for D&D than Star Frontiers).

Cheers :)

Remove ads